PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys worry about...

Pages : [1] 2

CARTfan
04-21-2006, 09:32 PM
what your neighbors think?

For example, it`s been nice here the last few days and I`ve done multiple things to my car. Washed, clayed various panels, Spray and Washed, Spray and Glossed, Polished, Sealed, Waxed etc.

Not the whole car at once mind you, but little parts here and there. But, I`m sure my neighbors don`t realize I`m doing lots of different things and probably think I`m "waxing" the car three times a day for three days straight. Especially since one of my neighbors` kitchen window is like 5 feet from my driveway. Do you guys even care what your neighbors think? I`ve actually not messed with the car just so they don`t think I`m crazy... which may or may not be the case.:lmfao

GregCavi
04-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I get the usual "your gonna rub the paint off that thing." I usually snap back with "At least it wont rust off like on your car." lol. So do I care what my nieghbors think? No way, until there car looks better then mine, then there opinions dont matter about my detailing ocd.

Greg

CalgaryDetail
04-21-2006, 10:01 PM
haha no i sure dont. All my neigbours are cool, they either make commments like you must have another date tonight or your going to wash the paint righ toff. They think its funny. and every once in a while i asked to do the sports cars on the stree :)

audiboy
04-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Most of my neighbors come to me for product advice or tips on how to rid certain defects. My first reply is always "Give me the car for a few hours and I`ll take care of it". And as always, they tell me that they`ll set up an appointment sooner or later. I make it a point to have the cleanest vehicle on my street at all times. That`s not a really hard task to accomplish, but some of them give me a run for my money sometimes. They don`t really think I`m crazy, but I`m sure they think I go a bit overboard sometimes.

Nolan_k
04-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Do my neighbors think I am crazy? Yes. Do I care? Not now not ever. I live in a condo complex and the car washing area is right beside the back door to the building. So I tend to get a lot of the "do mine next" and "your going to rub the paint right off" comments. I always stop to tell them that they can call me to do thier vehicle. Have had a few paying customers. Mostly they want advice and help with what they are doing to their vehicle, and it seems like the "funny" comment is an ice breaker.

joe.p
04-21-2006, 11:22 PM
My neighbors stop by to talk and then a regular wash ends up going 3 hrs.My neighbor did his 05 trailblazer today and i turned him on to Nattys and he love it..

West6MT
04-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Nope.

Mikeyc
04-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Like everyone else is saying I really could care less if they think I`m nuts. It`s just mildly annoying when they make comments like "you`ll rub the paint off" or "do mine next."

I do have to say I was EXTREMELY annoyed recently while doing my spring cleaning (about 10 hours of work stretched over 3 days) and got quite a number of stupid comments. The house two away from mine burnt down awhile ago and is being rebuilt. Also, the house next to mine recently changed owners and the new owner is doing a lot of work to the interior and the back yard. So, there are quite a number of construction workers in my neighborhood all the time. Some were genuinely interested in what I was doing and were curious about my power tools like the PC and my pressure washer. Others were just annoying.

lonewolf0420
04-22-2006, 07:43 AM
I get the usual "your gonna rub the paint off that thing." I usually snap back with "At least it wont rust off like on your car." lol. So do I care what my nieghbors think? No way, until there car looks better then mine, then there opinions dont matter about my detailing ocd.

Greg

I hear that alot as well. I live in a condo theirs people always watching me when I detail my wifes car. I generally detail my car at my parents house and I get comments their as well. Its like people don`t understand why you spend so much time cleaning something. Come`on people this is something that cost me several thousand dollars. I want it to look tip top.

sooper
04-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I have heard most of those comments as well. Doesn`t bother me at all. Next door neighbor is always making coments about it, but also says my 92 Silverado still looks like new. I tell him that`s not by accident, it takes effort to keep it looking that way. Admittedly, it is a garage queen with only 44,000 miles on it, but it still requires an effort to keep it looking good. Like the above poster said, it cost me some bucks, I am taking care of it.

mgm2003
04-22-2006, 02:37 PM
My neighbors already know I`m nuts -we`re past that :)

Maxima Lover
04-22-2006, 02:40 PM
I was just thinking about this while washing my car today. I`m the only one on my block that hand washes my car and my neighbors are always saying the comments that were mentioned above. They apparently think washing a car 3+ times a week is a little crazy. Acually, some think washing at all is crazy because, "The rain takes care of it."

To answer the question though, no I don`t care what they think.

jdoria
04-22-2006, 03:34 PM
My neighbors think I am a kid and my parents are in the house making me wash the cars for my allowance.

CalgaryDetail
04-22-2006, 03:48 PM
I was just thinking about this while washing my car today. I`m the only one on my block that hand washes my car and my neighbors are always saying the comments that were mentioned above. They apparently think washing a car 3+ times a week is a little crazy. Acually, some think washing at all is crazy because, "The rain takes care of it."

To answer the question though, no I don`t care what they think.

three times a week i wish lol. Im out there almost everyday giving it the old hand wash. I live in a dusty city. Last week i washed my car 7 times lol (wow i need a life) but ya nmy neigbours know im crazy i have to be to be out there that much

Maxima Lover
04-22-2006, 04:08 PM
three times a week i wish lol. Im out there almost everyday giving it the old hand wash. I live in a dusty city. Last week i washed my car 7 times lol (wow i need a life) but ya nmy neigbours know im crazy i have to be to be out there that much

Wow, 7 times a week?! Thankfully I have a tan car, so I manage with a touch-up everyday and not a full wash.