PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think about running an Autopia.org Secret Santa?

RaysWay
11-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Last year I ran a Secret Santa on reddit (r/AutoDetailing) with great success and I`m thinking of running the same thing over here, but I`m look to get some feedback before we make it official.

HOW IT WORKS: First of all, participating in the Secret Santa is completely optional. Basically you sign up to participate in the Secret Santa and fill out a quick survey. The survey gives your secret santa some information on the types of product you like or would like to try. Then you`re given a random person along with their survey information, so you have an idea of what to get them. Keep in mind your match is completely random. This means the person you`re matched with is likely NOT the person who will be sending you a present. It`s a completely random Secret Santa.

The recommended gift amount would be $20. Many people chose to spend more than the minimum, but it`s not required and should not be expected. Also, the gifts should be detailing, or at least automotive related. The gift would not have to be purchased from Autopia, but we would offer free shipping (no minimum) on orders placed for this Secret Santa through Autopia-CarCare.com. We recommend shipping the gift so that they at least receive it by Christmas.

Last year it was a complete success. Everybody that signed up, sent a gift. Seeing everyone post pics of their received gifts was cool to see.

What do you guys think? Are you interested in participating in our first Secret Santa?

RaysWay
11-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Btw I would of course be participating. So some lucky member would have me as their secret santa :)

GettingStarted
11-17-2014, 04:35 PM
The first secret santa was really fun and you did a great job organizing it last year. I`ll partake in another secret santa if this forum has one.

Ronkh
11-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Cool!

I`m in

fostarica
11-17-2014, 07:25 PM
The /r/autodetailing one was pretty cool. 10/10 would do again

JHL88
11-17-2014, 07:48 PM
sounds like fun.

RaysWay
11-17-2014, 09:29 PM
Cool to see there are a couple guys here who have participated in the last one! It really is a lot of fun from both ends. To figure out a good gift for someone, you should check their post history to profile them.

I just looked through my messages from last years Secret Santa and now I`m all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Being the "middleman", I get to interact with everyone and help everyone with the process. People can be very generous and it`s very cool to see. Someone even sent me a jar of the Wolfgang Rudolph Wax even though I didn`t match myself to anyone. I really do think this would be a lot of fun.

The Guz
11-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Stokdgs
11-17-2014, 11:05 PM
I must have been moving or something - well yes, I was moving around that time last year and totally blanked out or missed this.. :(

Would love to participate and send some cool stuff to someone !

Count me in !
Dan F

alexxxx89
11-17-2014, 11:06 PM
I did not participate in last years` SS. Is there going to be some kind of registration we send in?

Tesla Tacket
11-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Sounds cool!!

RaysWay
11-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Alright I`ll have a sign up sheet ready for tomorrow.

spoocobra
11-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Count me in as well missed reddits last year but am signed up for it and would love to do this one as well.