PDA

View Full Version : Nag, nag, nag! Location???

CharlesW
04-20-2006, 06:07 PM
It is so easy and so handy to have available.
Just go to your User CP and add your location to your profile.
It then shows up in each post.
Just a general area is OK if for some reason you don`t want to be at all specific.

Charles

GregCavi
04-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Absolutely! Make sure, guys and gals, to put up your location. Like charles says it is very helpful to the rest of us!

Greg

TrueDetailer
04-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Why don`t you just make it mandatory as part of the sign up.

I`m sure it wouldn`t take but a few seconds for dwayne to do.

I`ve always wondered why it hasn`t been made mandatory but we`ll see what happens.

Dwayne, you got anything to say to this?

CharlesW
04-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Why don`t you just make it mandatory as part of the sign up.

I`m sure it wouldn`t take but a few seconds for dwayne to do.

I`ve always wondered why it hasn`t been made mandatory but we`ll see what happens.

Dwayne, you got anything to say to this?Just my opinion, but I think it should be voluntary.
Kind of like not telling everyone everything about your personal life on any internet site.
While most of the members are good people, we have had some that seemed to be a little off the beaten path.
Also, it`s likely that lots of people other than members read the site.

Charles

cwcad
04-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Definitely voluntary. But my goodness how hard is it to put down a general area?

Inquiring minds want to know.

exile
04-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Just my opinion, but I think it should be voluntary.
Kind of like not telling everyone everything about your personal life on any internet site.
While most of the members are good people, we have had some that seemed to be a little off the beaten path.
Also, it`s likely that lots of people other than members read the site.

Charles
:bigups

jaybs02
04-21-2006, 07:38 AM
I find it odd that people will introduce thems selves as "Newb from PA, SC, NC... where ever" but yet they won`t even list what state they are from.

"J"

CharlesW
04-21-2006, 08:10 AM
While the "Additional Information" section isn`t really hidden, I do think a lot of people don`t even notice it.
Then again, some people just don`t care to make that information available.
To each their own, but quite often it is helpful to have.

Charles

groebuck
04-21-2006, 09:49 AM
nag nag nag :)

Beemerboy
04-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Some people are paranoid about putting to much info on the net...I know I can be, you just don`t know who you are dealing with...However on this subject I would think that while registering you could have something like what area of the US or world for that matter they are from...Northeast, Pacific, etc....at least you have some idea how to answer their questions if you can understand the weather patterns.