PDA

View Full Version : Just remembered that I have a car show Sunday

Scott P
04-20-2006, 05:44 PM
I looked at the calandar and jsut realized that we have the MG entered in a car show on Sunday. We got it back from the paint shop on 4/5, so teh paint is still fresh. They wetsanded the car and buffed it out. I do see some residual "oil haze" left. The painter guy told me 60 days before waxing, so I`m limited to what I can do with the paint.

It hasn`t gottena true full detail in probably two years. I might just polish and glaze the paint. The interior will see the shop-vac and some natural look. The wife`s father ordered us a new dash that arrived today. There is no way that is going to be installed before Sunday. :(

The fun part will be the chrome wire wheels on the car. I get to jack it up, remove the wheel and polish them one at a time. I bought a Power Ball today to try out ont htem. I probably ned the smaller one, but tehre is now way I could get one from the `Geek by the weekend. I`l probably still end up doing them by hand like in previous years. They look hot when finished, but they are a big pain.

As far as I can tell, the car show is loosely organized and voting is done by spectators. I don`t know what classes they have. WhenI calle dthe organizer he told me "I`m an artist, so I line up the car based on color and how they look". Yeah, the guy was a few fries short of a Happy Meal if you know what I mean.

I`ll get pics posted once everything is done.

GregCavi
04-20-2006, 06:14 PM
There is always Fk1 2180 on fresh paint? But im sure your not to worried. I remember seeing your car a while ago and those wheels did look like a huge job to get clean. Good luck, and I will be waiting for the final pics!

Greg

sneek
04-20-2006, 06:26 PM
lol easy way to make your paint explode first go one go around with Meguiars M80 then do a few coats of M07 show car glaze as its name implies its for show cars! it is a pure polish so it should feed the paint and make the colour explode!!

Brenton
04-20-2006, 07:48 PM
It was great to chat on the phone. I might have triggered something.
Enjoy the Blue while you work on the chrome.

pogo123
04-21-2006, 05:46 AM
That`s one of my favorite cars Scott, how about some pics when you`re done? Better yet, how about some pics at the show?:howdy

audiboy
04-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Good luck at the show! I`m sure your vehicle looks great. If the painter was good, a nice polishing should take care of the car pretty well. You just have to remember that our mediocre is others perfection. We take it to the next level and that`s what makes us crazy....I mean special.

Scott P
04-21-2006, 07:23 AM
I hit one of the wheels with the Powerball last night. It will work for some, but not all of the wheel. I`ll still be working my fingers between the spokes to get everything.

Scott P
04-23-2006, 10:33 AM
It`s show day...

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/specmotor/MG_front.jpg

norahcrv
04-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Good luck, Scott!! She`s looking good! :bigups

Brenton
04-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Right on Scott. Let us know how it goes.

Big Leegr
04-23-2006, 03:31 PM
I hit one of the wheels with the Powerball last night. It will work for some, but not all of the wheel. I`ll still be working my fingers between the spokes to get everything.
You likely already know this, but blue nitrile gloves are great for polishing tight spots like your wheels.
(And.. More pics, please! :D )

Scott P
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
No trophies today. Then again, it had to be the single strangest car show I`ve ever been to. The classes made little to no sense whatsover. But, we did get a lot of compliments on the little car. :)

audiboy
04-23-2006, 09:27 PM
No trophies today. Then again, it had to be the single strangest car show I`ve ever been to. The classes made little to no sense whatsover. But, we did get a lot of compliments on the little car. :)

Sorry that you didn`t win any trophies. The compliments had to make you feel good though. Did they have an "in work" class? The last show I was at they had one of those classes and I couldn`t think to laugh or scream in disgust. A car show is for cars that are finished, not ones covered in primer.