PDA

View Full Version : Black Paint Advice Needed -

cmulgrew
04-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Purchased a Black 2001 Boxster- 13K miles- GREAT SHAPE but, light swirl marks- I have Meguiar Scratch X, Polish and carnuba- Is this a good solution or would you recommend other products, process. THANKS!!!

Beemerboy
04-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Purchased a Black 2001 Boxster- 13K miles- GREAT SHAPE but, light swirl marks- I have Meguiar Scratch X, Polish and carnuba- Is this a good solution or would you recommend other products, process. THANKS!!!

Welcome to the site....what you have as scratch X will work as long as you work in small areas about 12x12 inch areas....This allows you to keep good control over the product....followed up by the polish and then wax.

Other products that would work well by hand...are the Poorboys World lineup....his SSR swirls removers are real user friendly.....look under the sponsors on this site he is there

If you are real serious about removing and controlling swirls on your car....I would recommend getting a orbital buffer...you can read about the applications here, they are very easy to use, don`t cost to much and will really improve your cars finish.

cmulgrew
04-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks much, will examine the other products as well

JaredPointer
04-20-2006, 12:57 PM
ScratchX will work, but it will be a workout if you are planning on doing the entire car with it. I`d suggest breaking it up into more than one day. That might save you some fatigue, and will probably give you better results overall.