PDA

View Full Version : Diamondite Bug Blocker

JaredPointer
04-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Tried searching for this product, but there`s not much mention of it on the board.

You can see it here ... http://www.detailcity.com/diamondite-bug-blocker.html

My question is, has anyone used this product? Results? Et cetera, et cetera...

always looking for an advantage against these plentiful Southern kamikazees. :)

heffergm
04-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Tried searching for this product, but there`s not much mention of it on the board.

You can see it here ... http://www.detailcity.com/diamondite-bug-blocker.html

My question is, has anyone used this product? Results? Et cetera, et cetera...

always looking for an advantage against these plentiful Southern kamikazees. :)

My initial feeling is, "why bother"? If you`re sealed and/or waxed, bugs (I`ve found) come off pretty easily.

JaredPointer
04-20-2006, 09:31 AM
My initial feeling is, "why bother"? If you`re sealed and/or waxed, bugs (I`ve found) come off pretty easily.

Anything that helps, well, helps. I`m not quite sure where you live, but it sounds like you don`t have quite the bug problem that a lot of people in AL, GA, FL, etc. have. A slick sealant does help, but the bugs are still difficult to remove at times. Bug Squash is a real life saver, but I am still looking for any kind of extra help I can get.

FWIW, I usually do a S&W wipedown of the front/leading edges of my vehicle every afternoon.

Anyone with any experience with this product?

RTexasF
04-20-2006, 11:30 AM
JaredPointer,

I have not used it but this part of their directions makes me wonder about the effort involved on a daily basis, especially since you hit it with Poorboys every day now......

FOR BEST RESULTS: Remove Bug Blocker! from treated areas within 24 hours of application and retreat desired surfaces with a fresh application.

NOTE: Certain types of environmental conditions such as heavy dew or very high humidity may cause the Bug Blocker! polymer to turn hazy white. This is a typical characteristic of the polymer...you are still receiving protection.