PDA

View Full Version : Good Replacement for Meguiar's APC+

Joel_MD
10-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey y`all, there are a few of the Meguiar`s professional products that I really like, including Hyper Dressing, Wheel Brightener, and the low-foaming APC+.` The products are effective and inexpensive.` I read that Meg`s discontinued the APC+ product, which is disappointing.` For years I`ve been using APC+ for different tasks, sometimes with an extractor.` My supply of APC+ is running out.` Does anyone have a suggestion to replace the APC+?` Can I use the regular APC with an extractor or does it foam too much?

House of Wax
10-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Love me some Opti-clean

Joel_MD
10-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Love me some Opti-clean

Is Opti-Clean good on carpet?

House of Wax
10-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Honestly haven`t tried it on carpet. Have always used Folex for carpet

Lonnie
10-08-2014, 10:57 AM
I`d stick with Meg`s M101 All-Purpose Cleaner (the green foaming formula) for general cleaning.

`

I also have and used OPT`s Power Clean APC,` but the fragrance is not "pleasant" (at least to my nose) for use on fabrics when it`s absorbed by carpets or upholstery and it seems to linger for weeks. It`s great for hard surfaces, like paint, trim, or vinyl.

`

For carpets I am currently using DSC Products, Inc., Muskegon, MI "Stem Plus" Liquid Carpet Detergent. It was recommended by a local carpet dealer and was given a sample to try. I bought their pre-treater ""Sure-Pass" Heavy Duty Traffic Spotter and use that on stains or, as noted, high-traffic areas, like carpet-material floor mats. Both work great in my opinion. They are extractor-friendly formulas. The carpet dealer uses their entire carpet-cleaning chemical product line for their commercial and home cleaning services. They sell Persian rugs and wool carpeting to high-end consumers and if it`s good enough for them to use on those fabrics, it`s good enough for my cars. Granted, there are a plethora of carpet cleaning chemicals to try and use.