PDA

View Full Version : Small scrape/scratch in brand new BMW

deznium
09-13-2014, 01:53 AM
I just noticed that my interior trim is probably scraped/scratched slightly. I can see a slight shine in direct sunlight in the damaged area. Is there a way to fix this? Or should I just leave it? It would be great if there`s a good quality product that I could buy to fix this! Please see the 2 attached pictures.
`
I think the trim material is either aluminium or chrome but I`m not 100% sure.
`
I`m scared to take the car to the dealer and have them fix it because they usually end up creating more issues.
`
Thank you!

deznium
09-13-2014, 02:01 AM
Here`s the same picture and I marked the area just for clarity.

Accumulator
09-13-2014, 12:46 PM
deznium- Hate to say it, but IMO that`s not reparable.

deznium
09-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Really? How about I use a quick interior detailer or polish compound? All I need is to reduce the shine in that area. I looked closely and it just seems like a small scratch that is reflecting the light more than normal.

Accumulator
09-14-2014, 01:32 PM
I`ll admit I`m just guessing....educated guessing though ;)`.... and I think that the IQD will do nothing to really fix the problem and that abrading it will make it worse.` I really wish I had a more optimistic response for you, but, well..that`s my take on it.

`

Autopian Heresy- in the back of my mind I`m also thinking that, well " [stuff] happens when you use `em like real cars"...and that while it`s a definite bummer, it`s also just the way things go.