PDA

View Full Version : 3 Easy Steps to Wet Looking Paint

raybay30
09-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Want the wet look without investing hours claybaring, buffing, and polishing? We all know we should but who always has the time or energy? It took me experimenting over two years and more products than you could imagine before I discovered a method that really gave consistent results. `Thanks to coworkers and neighbors allowing me to test on their vehicles for many months I can say that it will work with`<span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">just about any color paint. It`s perfect if you`re in a pinch because it should only take around 30`minutes`<span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">(this may vary depending on factors such as vehicle size) to do. For best results use the products recommended and don`t skip any of the steps I outlined below. So if you want to turn heads with sticky, dripping-wet paint in less time try this:

`

<span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">- Wash the car: Use Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss to get the paint squeaky clean. Use proper washing techniques such as two buckets and microfiber cleaning towels or sponge. After the final rinse dry the paint slowly and completely. Gloss enhancers in`Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss will provide the foundation by making the paint look hydrated and moisturized.`

`

<span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">- Wash the car again: This time you`ll use Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine.<span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">`Use the proper washing method for a no rinse product when using Optimum and afterwards you`ll notice added reflections, depth and jetting. Be sure to dry`the paint properly--that`s the secret to using these products.

`

<span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">- Finish with detail spray: So by now your vehicle`s exterior should be so clean you can eat off of it. That once dull and lifeless paint now has an impressive sticky and wet look to it. To finish we`re going to amp up the gloss by using Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer (if your paint is a dark color) or Optimum Opti-Clean (if your paint is a light color). Spray it on a panel, wipe it on evenly across the surface using a microfiber towel and then wipe it off using a separate towel. Do the entire vehicle like this. Go around one more time to make sure you didn`t miss wiping off anything. By this time your paint should be shimmering and glistening with such a wet shine you won`t believe your eyes!

`

<span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">Feel free to top with your favorite glaze, wax or sealant.

House of Wax
09-07-2014, 09:27 AM
You can do all of that in 15 minutes?

raybay30
09-07-2014, 10:27 AM
You can do all of that in 15 minutes?

On my small car I can. Also because I`ve done the process so much it`s like second nature. But I realize the time may vary due to other variables and have updated my post.