PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss

raybay30
09-07-2014, 08:28 AM
You`ll have to absolutely try this auto soap. Not only does it clean like nothing else I`ve used but it doesn`t leave the paint dull and dry. Instead you`ll get a hydrated and moisturized looking finish. My new favorite product of the year!!!

silverfox
09-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Ahhh...its been around for almost a decade. Happy belated discovery.

Swanicyouth
09-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Its a good soap - no question there....However, be aware that "something" in it temporarily kills beading.

My guess its the "n gloss" portion, since it shares this characteristic with V7. For this reason, I only use it prior to polishing a car or adding another layer of LSP.

This is one of those tidbits of wisdom I`ve learned over the years...A few years ago CWnG was tops for me. But, after using various products for a while you start to pay a attention to details like this.

BigAl3
09-07-2014, 08:27 PM
`it`s an okay soap but it`s kinda harsh and i don`t trust it at all for maintenance washes (even at at the 1 ounce to 5 gallons of water). i remember many years ago i got it on my hands and felt a stinging/burning sensation and that`s not a good thing. plenty of other soaps out there that i prefer over this...

Bunky
09-08-2014, 05:09 PM
I just use this on wheels...a stripping soap that leaves gloss...why? It separates as well and as BigAl3 there are so many other soaps.`

stormsearch
09-09-2014, 11:09 AM
My favorite foam gun soap, especially for neglected cars. `I find that neglected paint is a smidge easier to polish after this wash and does a good job at starting to decontaminate a car. `I like it for 2-bucket washes where I`m not using a specific product brand sealant/rinselss for maintenance like colinite as you can adjust concentration amount to your liking.

shortspark
09-09-2014, 04:45 PM
My favorite is this shampoo minus the gloss - it is called Citrus Clear. `It is safe for even a daily or weekly maintenance wash but they say it will strip LSP if you want it to by increasing the amount of soap in the soap to water ratio. `It is also great in a foam gun. `That sort of covers it all and you don`t have to worry about it leaving anything behind on the paint. `It cleans really well too. `If there is one problem it is that it could be a little slicker but its okay. `I always use a spray "wax" of some sort as a drying aid and I feel like I am defeating the purpose by using a soap with gloss enhancers built in. `You can pick it up on sale quite often and it comes in gallon jugs making it even more of a bargain.