PDA

View Full Version : Using (previously Used )ONR sitting in a bucket after a few days..

mystickid
09-02-2014, 07:07 AM
I like to be as frugal as possible.

`

I used ONR 3 days ago for my car wash. `I never threw out the extra ONR solution but its been sitting in the wash bucket under my garage for the past 4 days.`

`

I`ve washed my mitt and was wondering if its still safe and good for washing my car using my previously used ONR solution?

Accumulator
09-02-2014, 11:30 AM
mystickid- Is it contaminated?` IF so, I`d be wary, if NOT I`d go ahead and use it.` Easy for me to say I guess, I never put used wash media back into the bucket so my rinseless wash never gets contaminated.

mystickid
09-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Thanks, makes sense, wanted to get an idea if other detailers consider using a few days old ONR solution`.

JoeyV
09-02-2014, 11:43 PM
From what I`ve been told by OPT distributors, you will run out of product in the bucket before it`s "too dirty" to use. The product has dirt sinking properties, so when using a grit guard, the dirt should not be mixed back in the cleaning solution. Only some mild coloration of the water will occur. So I would say go ahead and use it like it was a freshly mixed batch.

bigltc
09-03-2014, 02:30 AM
I usually use my leftovers to wash the exterior windows of my home. It`s been a dusty, pollen filled summer.

Dan
09-03-2014, 06:17 AM
It will be fine. I`ve actually filtered mine using a coffee filter. After a while it gets grease loaded.

I keep my leftovers for pre-soaking.

mystickid
09-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys. I will have some use for it. I felt it was so wasteful to just throw out the remaining 2.5 gallons on ONR in the bucket.

Accumulator
09-04-2014, 11:44 AM
mystickid- Note that if the blue color goes away and it looks clear, that`s *not* a sign that it`s gone bad.` Rinseless washes eventually seem to loose their coloring if they sit (mixed/diluted) long enough, but it`s never signaled a *functional* change IME.