PDA

View Full Version : *&#($@# Lawn Care Services

Pages : [1] 2 3

JeffW
04-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Just went outside to catch a breath of fresh air and noticed the lawn care service is here mowing and trimming... D@Mn people mowed right up to the curb of the parking lot blowing the grass clippings out towards the cars. All these cars, including mine, with freaking grass clipping stuck to the front. I`ll be inspecting the car closely to make sure there aren`t any new chips. Grrrr.

I am pissed. Gotta find someone in maintenance or whomever is responsible for contracting with these people and bitc& up a storm with them.

jdoria
04-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Just went outside to catch a breath of fresh air and noticed the lawn care service is here mowing and trimming... D@Mn people mowed right up to the curb of the parking lot blowing the grass clippings out towards the cars. All these cars, including mine, with freaking grass clipping stuck to the front. I`ll be inspecting the car closely to make sure there aren`t any new chips. Grrrr.

I am pissed. Gotta find someone in maintenance or whomever is responsible for contracting with these people and bitc& up a storm with them.

My landscaper has been instructed to notify me if there are cars in my driveway before he starts anything.

joyriide1113
04-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Same here! The worst is that when the grass is cut, the leaf itself is moist inside, so when it lands on your car, it tends to stick more than it would if it didnt have moister creating a sort of adhesive. So the only possible way to get it off is to grab qd or give it a wash. Trust me, Ive attemped driving at 100mph just to see if I could get them off and the leaves would just grab for dear life!

Beemerboy
04-18-2006, 01:08 PM

Don`t park near the grassy areas.....sorry couldn`t help myself

TrueDetailer
04-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Are you to good to get out there and cut it yourself? :howdy

Seriously, if your gonna get pissed cause the guy cutting your grass got it over your car, then cut it yourself.

joyriide1113
04-18-2006, 01:33 PM

Seriously, if your gonna get pissed cause the guy cutting your grass got it over your car, then cut it yourself.

I`m sure its not as whiney as it seems. I`ve seen them cut the grass and literally aim the cuttings towards the car when they could easily aim it the other way. Its really more a lack of consideration than anything.

Something else I`ve avoided doing is when parking head on into a parking, not to park all the way in until my tires touch on parkings where there is grass in front. When the lawn dudes come weed wack the grass they`re bound to wack your car. I`ve seen it happen. :(

holland_patrick
04-18-2006, 01:36 PM

I really can`t go all over and cut peoples grass because the people they hire are to DUMB to know which way to point the shoot or put the catcher on the mower..

I did mowing for a company for a year.. ya it sucks ya it`s hard work ya they get under paid... But the company i worked for went the extra mile to protect the customers cars..

CalgaryDetail
04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
He porobley could do it. im sure there are alot things you could do that you pay for. Fore example going to a restant. If you wanted to eat you could cook for youself. You choose to pay for things to make life easier, and more enjoyable. I know when i pay for things i want them done right hence why i pay for them. I think yur missinterpritng the point of the statement

pogo123
04-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Trust me, Ive attemped driving at 100mph just to see if I could get them off and the leaves would just grab for dear life!

LOL, the 100 mph quick detail?:D

CalgaryDetail
04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
That literly is a fast detail.

JeffW
04-18-2006, 02:09 PM

Sorry for not being real clear about this... this is at work, so I don`t think it`s in my job description to cut the yard.

Regardless of who is cutting the grass, there are some do`s and don`t that have to be followed, including where the grass clippings are being blown cuz who knows when a rock, nail or something might get hurled at a gazillion miles per hour at a person, moving car, etc.

Just spoke to some of my co-workers who are fuming about the same thing. Apparently a couple years ago the firm cutting the grass did the same thing, and that was the end of their contract. I can only hope. Also, this place has a ton of highly paid execs (US Hdqts for this company) with some very expensive automobiles which all now have a good amount of grass clippings plastered to the fronts of their cars. When I think about it like that it is a bit funny.

JeffW
04-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Don`t park near the grassy areas.....sorry couldn`t help myself

Beemer...good point, however, all the parking areas are up against the yard. There isn`t a single car that isn`t impacted by this. Wonder if they did it on purpose????

Beemerboy
04-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Beemer...good point, however, all the parking areas are up against the yard. There isn`t a single car that isn`t impacted by this. Wonder if they did it on purpose????

Wait until the guy with the leaf blower comes around you car....you`ll be happy with the blades of grass on the bumper:D

LikeaRock
04-18-2006, 06:12 PM
My gardener came today, but there wasn`t a single grass clipping on our freshly waxed HD :D
Heck, there was more pollen than anything, my nose noticed that while I was working :bubba

JeffW
04-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Wait until the guy with the leaf blower comes around you car....you`ll be happy with the blades of grass on the bumper:D

E E K.

If I can figure out their schedule, I`ll drive my Dad`s junker on the days they should be mowing. Yea, that`s it.