PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz beading

NikonGuy
07-31-2014, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to show beading shot of recently applied CQuartz. It`s been raining like crazy in Denver the last few days. This was applied this last weekend so no long term durability test yet but impressed with beading.

jmsc
08-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Question?

`

If you took the nozzle off and sheeted. Would all those beads roll off leaving you with little to dry?

tom p.
08-01-2014, 11:43 AM
`92, did you apply RELOAD over the Cquartz yet?

LilJayV10
08-04-2014, 12:58 AM
Love me some CQuartz! Did you use the original version or UK Edition? Both are amazing. As long as the right prep work was done it will continue to look great and bead water like crazy. Wash w/ CarPro`s Reset car shampoo. Use Iron-x twice a year(more depending your location)to remove any ferrous metal that may have landed on it and hit it with some fine clay occasionally. Those three things will keep CQ going to a really long time.`

`

jmsc,`

`

To answer your question, if you sheet rinse the vehicle there will be very little water left on it.`

NikonGuy
08-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Question?

`

If you took the nozzle off and sheeted. Would all those beads roll off leaving you with little to dry?

`

I don`t know, I would suspect so. It was raining straight for two days last week. There were no water spots once the water dried out

`

`92, did you apply RELOAD over the Cquartz yet?

`

Yes, applied it a day after applying CQuartz. It made it slick but honestly after the two days of rain, the car is not as slick anymore. I think it would have still beaded with just CQuartz

`

Love me some CQuartz! Did you use the original version or UK Edition? Both are amazing. As long as the right prep work was done it will continue to look great and bead water like crazy. Wash w/ CarPro`s Reset car shampoo. Use Iron-x twice a year(more depending your location)to remove any ferrous metal that may have landed on it and hit it with some fine clay occasionally. Those three things will keep CQ going to a really long time.`

`

jmsc,`

`

To answer your question, if you sheet rinse the vehicle there will be very little water left on it.`

`

Original CQuartz. I did a full prep prior to laying it on. Clay, full polish with HD Polish, IPA. Prep work is more important than LSP

NikonGuy
09-29-2014, 07:07 PM
2 month checkin. Beading as good as day 1

`
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23519]
`
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23518]
`
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23517]