PDA

View Full Version : yoyoy wasup from california

kraz3y
04-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Hey Guys Im roy from stockton california i got a black 98 mustang and im reeady to learn how detail

So heres my routine so far

Wash
Clay (every other month or so)
wash again
paint cleaner ( meguairs paint scrub )
paint polish (meguair showcar glaze )
Paint wax (nxt tech wax )

I use gold class for car wash with sheepskin mitts , still lookin were to buy a grit gaurd not online. I have MF towels from Costco to touch up on drying, buffing and removing access polishers n waxes.

I`m almost ready to go buy a PC and I`ve been hearing alot about Poorboy products and such...

if you guys have ne suggestions on products to use or routines i should do when it comes to detailing please let me know I do all my polishing, buffing by hand until i get the porter cable of course...

Please ne info will be greatly appreciated thanks!

audiboy
04-18-2006, 04:53 AM
Welcome to DC! Your process looks pretty good to me. Of course, when you get a PC, it will need to be revised a bit. The best advice I can offer is to read and look at what people are using and what they have achieved with them. Detailing products are mostly about personal preference and that`s something you`ll have to figure out through some trial and error work. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

cwcad
04-18-2006, 08:47 AM
A sound basic process. Use them often and each detail will get better. Welcome to the City!!!

97F1504x4
04-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Welcome to DC and you are in my neighborhood. Well sort of.

Richard

CalgaryDetail
04-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Welcome to DC, megs makes good stuff but its an otc, personaly i like pb much better (mho) as to a porter cable, I would take the plundge it was the greatest thing i ever spent my money on. i love the thing, makes life so much easier.

Beemerboy
04-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Welcome from Sonoma County!