PDA

View Full Version : Why are WOWA Sealants not popular?

Nubaseal
06-26-2014, 02:10 AM
I don`t get it why products like Opti Seal, UPGP, Black Fire Crystal Seal and Zaino CS are not more popular amongst detailers. They are easy to use and we can argue that they cause less damage to the paint considering you remove once step out of the process (Buffing). They look good and some like Opti Seal are from pioneers like Dr. G who helped invent the clear coat. They may not last as long as traditional sealant but it is so easy to top up every month or two. Isn`t it better to top up every two months instead of hoping that your traditional sealant lasts 6 months.

Accumulator
06-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Relativity- I sometimes use Garry Dean`s Beyond Infinity Sealant, but generally IMO such products just don`t offer the protection of a sealant like FK1000P or (heavily layered) KSG, both of which provide durability and protection that I find simply amazing- no issues with bugs/bird-bombs, maybe-annual application.

`

And IMO if there`s any damage from buffing off a sealant, then something is radically wrong, and you`re still "wiping on" so if there`s anything there to cause marring that`s the point at which it`ll happen anyhow, by the "buffing off" point the damage will already have been done.

David Fermani
06-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Opti-Seal is a great product. I see ScottWax mentioning using it all the time.`

Lexi65
06-26-2014, 05:13 PM
I agree. Professional detailers may like the ease of use, but I`m with you. KSG rocks!!!

nushine31223
06-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Optiseal has always been my go to. On my personal truck i see about 6 months out of it. I love optiseal for a few reasons.
1 ease of use
2 ability to cover all surfaces (glass, trim, wheels, chrome, plastic, headlights)
3 when you apply it and walk away overnight, it cures and transforms the look of the paint.

Dan
06-27-2014, 06:40 AM
I love Optiseal as well but as mentioned the level of protection is less than that of a high quality sealant. Durability isn`t fantastic either.

Nth Degree
06-27-2014, 08:00 AM
I like and use OptiSeal as well, mostly for wheels, grills, etc. where buffing off is more difficult than it`s worth. `Also great on smooth plastics like roof racks. `The one thing I don`t like about using it on paint is if I go over a rubber seal that is oxidized I get a little of it on my applicator and can affect the clarity. `For this reason, when I do use it on paint I tend to give a quick wipe with a MF after letting it flash for a few seconds. `Still easy but I just prefer to reach for the Optimum Car Wax. `I see better durability and just about as easy to apply.

silverfox
06-28-2014, 06:10 AM
With the advent of WOWA coatings such as the insanely easy to apply DG ceramic product with two years protection the WOWA bar is set to levels no sealant currently on the market can achieve. It looks fantastic too.

Accumulator
06-28-2014, 01:32 PM
How does the DG EnviroShield work with regard to spot-repairs?` Do you have to redo the whole panel as in "strip it off"?