PDA

View Full Version : Dust all over the body!

Greg Ayo
06-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Hey everyone,

I notice every time I wash my car (2014 Mazda 3 Jet black mica), about an hour after I wash it (without even driving it). It gets Really dusty! To the point where I actually feel the dust and see it. I didn`t have this problem with my old Mazda 3 - crystal white pearl.

Question is, is there anything I can do to prevent dust buildup so quickly?

Thanks in advance

Accumulator
06-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Greg Ayo- Though I don`t notice any *huge* diff, you might try one of the "anti-static" (heh` heh, scare-quotes intentional) QDs like FK425.

David Fermani
06-15-2014, 09:49 PM
You should look into a Waterless Wash to clean things up. You can easily and quickly clean that dust off without harming the finish.`

Guru17
06-16-2014, 12:36 AM
Another QD that really resists dust build-up is Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. I live in India and dust is aplenty here. I could see a visible difference in the dust buildup after Sonax BSD.

sealthedeal
06-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Another QD that really resists dust build-up is Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. I live in India and dust is aplenty here. I could see a visible difference in the dust buildup after Sonax BSD.
Did you use it atop natural wax (that tend to be more dust magnets) or sealant ?

--

Sent from a hand held device

sealthedeal
06-16-2014, 10:30 AM
You should look into a Waterless Wash to clean things up. You can easily and quickly clean that dust off without harming the finish.
Would HD express post wash (lsp natural wax) help reduce the dust magnet effect?

--

Sent from a hand held device

Nubaseal
06-26-2014, 02:17 AM
Waxes attract more dust than sealants. Within sealants, traditional sealants attract more dust than Nano Sealants like Sonax PNS, Opti Seal, C2V3 etc. I have a constant struggle against dust given where I live and I have completely given up on any carnuba, even though I love the look of a wax. Sonax BSD is a good place to start as it can go over bare paint or your existing LSP. It makes significant difference to the amount of dust that builds up and how easy it is to remove that dust with something like a California Car Duster.

Dan
06-27-2014, 06:50 AM
Nothing, and I mean nothing will prevent dirt from landing on your paint. Some products are less greasy/sticky and will lessen the effect of dust buildup but the effects are negligible. Even comparing an oily mess like Pinnacle to a dry sealant like KSG was not that big of a difference. Though post rain that situation changes quite a bit. The better sealants really release the dirt well.

Jesstzn
06-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Guys he isn`t looking to remove it ... more looking to prevent it happening in the first place.

`

OP the dust was prolly there on the white car too but because of the color you just didn`t notice it.