PDA

View Full Version : Dealer washed my brand new car. Now what?

AliMusa8790
06-10-2014, 12:04 PM
What is the proper detailing process and what are the best items to use to get my cars paint looking its best?`

`

`

Accumulator
06-10-2014, 01:07 PM
AliMusa8790- I gather they marred the paint when they washed/dried it, right?

`

What did they say about the damage they inflicted?` Have you already taken delivery (i.e., taken the car home from the dealership after they washed it)?

`

The whole "how to polish out marring" is too involved a subject to respond to here/now....lots of research to do or else hire a (good) pro to do it.

`

Speaking of involved subjects, how do *you* plan to wash the car?`` IMO that`s the #1 factor in keeping a car looking good- washing it without marring the paint.` Much easier said than done.

Marc Hufnagel
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Dealers are idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accumulator
06-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Heh heh, well, I won`t go quite`*that* far.` My Audi dealer used to have a detailer who was good enough to do my family`s cars and I sure didn`t [screw] up anybody`s vehicle when I worked at the local MOPAR dealership back in the day.

Bill D
06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
My dad got a new van and the hood was marred up from a dealer washing. Thats what happens when you get a car off the lot I suppose. I polished it up and it looks good. I wash the van so there will be no more wash instilled marring :-)

David Fermani
06-10-2014, 04:08 PM
What kind of car? What area are you in?`

`

The 1st thing I`d do is document the problem with the dealer. You can either fix this issue yourself or hire an experienced Autopian pro in your area. We are more than capable (as a group) to walk you though the process which ever way you want to proceed.`

Accumulator
06-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Or you can spot the damage prior to accepting delivery, and refuse delivery over it; "I paid for a new, undamaged car with OE-thickness clearcoat and that`s what I will accept". B)` Teach those [individuals] a lesson.

David Fermani
06-11-2014, 08:23 PM
I totally agree with Accumulator! I just wish more people would stand up for their paint`s sake :)`

Lonnie
06-12-2014, 01:31 PM
This all-to-often occurrence is bad news for the general car-buying consumer. This unfortunate incident reiterates the need to include additional terms in the car purchasing contract about` what is and is not expected of the dealer, including removing protective film/plastic and washing/detailing upon delivery as well as consequences (IE monetary amounts)`for not adhering to these agreed additional terms. (How many of you (me included) have read`ALL the fine print terms and conditions on`ANY purchasing contract!).

`

`Unfortunately, most, if not all dealers will not agree to them and will consider you`a pain-in-the-butt`for including them OR refuse to do business with you. You as a consumer need to decide`if it`s worth the risk`of not getting the vehicle you want or finding a "more accommodating" dealer/seller. If the dealer refuses to accept or even consider such terms, which, I assume, are legal additions to car purchasing contracts in most states, it would raise a red-flag about their customer service and service-after-the-sale.

`

Many states have a "cooling-off" or "grace" period where a vehicle purchase contract from a dealer/seller can be voided; usually it`s three-business days,`which will allow`the buyer`to collect`their full down-payment or deposit.(Done to prevent divorces and killings by spouses of their significant other who has purchased a`vehicle out of want or`inpulse without consulting the other party of the debt/expense being incurred by the buyer).`A lawyer and subsequence law suite should be a last resort (and expense!). Chances are you may loose some of your incurred cost in front of a judge. Most courts justices`side with tax-paying/people-employing businesses. Not saying it is`fair or blind justice; just a "fact" of business law in many counties and states. (a reiteration from a personal friend`s conversation with a county judge)