PDA

View Full Version : Matte Paint Care / Surface Scratch Removal

qualm
06-02-2014, 08:12 PM
` ` `So I have a Matte Black Victory Hard-Ball. `I was looking for advice on how to take care of the paint and remove surface scratches when they arrive. `I have only seen a couple of reviews for Matte Paint products. `As It is a Motorcycle I was hoping for a spray cleaner as apposed to a bucket wash. `Would Megs D114 work for that? `Has anyone used the Dr. Beasly`s Matte Paint products? `How about the Chemical Guys SPI_995_16? `Or how about RAT WAX, it is not really a wax? `

`

I have read a bit about the CG here on the forums and they received good marks from <u>mjlinane</u>`has anyone else used the products?

`

Is the Permanon Super Matte worth the price? `Has any one used this?

`

How about the CG WAC_203_16?

`

Sorry for all the questions, I did not realize that taking care of Matte paint would be so different.

`

`

Any advice on surface scratch removal?

`

`

Thanks for your patience,

Nathan

David Fermani
06-02-2014, 10:52 PM
` ` `So I have a Matte Black Victory Hard-Ball. `I was looking for advice on how to take care of the paint and remove surface scratches <span style="font-size:24px;"><u>when they arrive</u>. `I have only seen a couple of reviews for Matte Paint products. `As It is a Motorcycle I was hoping for a spray cleaner as apposed to a bucket wash. `Would Megs D114 work for that? `Has anyone used the Dr. Beasly`s Matte Paint products? `How about the Chemical Guys SPI_995_16? `Or how about RAT WAX, it is not really a wax? `

`

I have read a bit about the CG here on the forums and they received good marks from <u>mjlinane</u>`has anyone else used the products?

`

Is the Permanon Super Matte worth the price? `Has any one used this?

`

How about the CG WAC_203_16?

`

Sorry for all the questions, I did not realize that taking care of Matte paint would be so different.

`

`

Any advice on surface scratch removal?

`

`

Thanks for your patience,

Nathan

`

Welcome to Autopia! 1st off, there is no reason to cause surface scratches to your vehicle`s paint!!! Care for it properly and you`ll never need to polish it. Also, don`t be fooled by many of those detailing products that advertise designed for matte paint finishes. It`s a bunch of hocus pocus in my opinion and not different that non-matte products. You really have to be doing something wrong to inflict damage to matte paint finish.`

`

Check this thread out: `http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/132685-simple-approach-to-caring-for-matte-paint-finishes/#entry1436938 (`http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/132685-simple-approach-to-caring-for-matte-paint-finishes/#entry1436938`)