PDA

View Full Version : Motor oil sling on tires caused veining.

Lust4Lexus
05-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Hey folks! I just had one of my tires repaired at a tire place. They removed the tire from the rim and patched it. Apparently, they used motor oil as a lubricant around the bead of the tire at some point and left some on the rim. It slung onto the tire and created these lines on them. When I went to wipe them away, I wasn`t able to. It appears the rubber is actually swollen on those lines. I can feel the rubber slightly raised like veins. I did use some dressing on the tire to camaflouge the veins, but will it go away at some point? Minor quibble, but it bothers me.

Accumulator
05-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Yikes, I`d go back to that shop and have a discussion with them about how they`re gonna resolve the issue.` ??**MOTOR OIL**?? :wacko:

Lonnie
05-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Maybe this tire place ran out of the proper tire-installation lube (Yes, there is such a thing) and "substituted" motor oil. I`m with Accumulator on this one: take the tire/rim back to "the scene of the crime" (reminds me of Alice`s Restaurant`by Arlo Guthrey with Office O`bay and the black-and-white 8 x 10 glossy photographs of the Thanksgiving Day "massacre" with X`s and O`s and a short paragraph on the back describing what each one was; but I digress). It sounds like they where just trying to get the job done with what they had on hand and did not consider the consequences,