PDA

View Full Version : product selection

Pages : [1] 2

88MustangGt
04-16-2006, 05:56 PM
i tried scouring through some of these forums and havn`t really found what i am looking for.

i`m looking on www.eshine.ca (becuase i would rather buy from a canadian site because of shipping reasons) and i am a bit confused as to what stuff i am needing. here is the order i "think" i should use ( i linked the products so you can see what i am talking about)

wash
clay
SSR 1 or 2 (depending on which car i am working on)
poorboys, profesional polish (http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=47)
clearcoat machine glaze (http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=120)
poorboys EX-P sealant (http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=45)
NXT paste wax

what i am confused on is the clearcote machine glaze and poor boys pro. polish. do they do the same thing as in i can use one or the other or should i use them both? other than that does my list seem good?

btw i have a Porter Cable with lake country orange, white and black pads, and i am working with dark red, dark blue, and dark grey cars and trucks both chevy and ford

audiboy
04-16-2006, 06:51 PM
I`d drop the glaze and just stick with the pro polish. I`d also suggest at looking at another type of wax. NXT is a decent wax, but there are a lot better out there for about the same price.

88MustangGt
04-16-2006, 07:01 PM
what kind of wax would you suggest? i hav used this NXT stuff and have been pretty happy with it so far.

audiboy
04-16-2006, 07:07 PM
If you would like to stick with that site, I would get either the PB`s Natty`s Paste or Pinnacle`s Signature Series. Both are great waxes and will leave you very happy. Don`t get me wrong, I use NXT wax on some customer cars and it`s good, but in my experience, I`ve had better results with other waxes. You`ll find that everything in detailing is just up to personal preference.

cwcad
04-16-2006, 07:09 PM
If you are already using Poorboy`s products and want a paste wax Natty`s Blue should be good for you!!

GregCavi
04-16-2006, 07:25 PM
If you are already using Poorboy`s products and want a paste wax Natty`s Blue should be good for you!!

Hey that rhymed. My suggestion to you.

PB SSR2.5
PB SSR1
EX or EXP
NAttys blue, but if you like the nxt then use that. NOt everyone like the same products.

Greg

CalgaryDetail
04-16-2006, 07:32 PM
I love eshine they are great i actually haev an order comming tommorow from them. I would recomend pbs nattys instead of the megs, i think it works better. Also uve tried evey product less the machine clear coat glazze thing. I love them they work well, and it likes like you could do a full detail with that. I would gof or it

88MustangGt
04-16-2006, 08:59 PM
thanks for the reply`s guys!

i am putting in my order tommorow with eshine.ca i was looking around at other sites but the simplicty of ordering from a canadian site is better for me.

my order looks like this. let me know what ya think
SSR 1 and 2
poorboys profesional polish
poorboys EX-P sealant
natty`s wax

cwcad
04-16-2006, 09:56 PM
You can do a lot with the items that you have listed. If you do not order SSR2.5 I think that you might have missed it.

I just finished a detail using a Poorboy`s product with similar qualities of SSR2. It gets rid of spidering webbing quite easily. Yet, if you have scratches that are deeper than the spider webbing the scratches shall remain on the paint.

If you order SSR2.5 you will have covered all but the most severe types of corrections. It is worth it in the long run. Once you catch the disease you will be purchasing it anyway. :D

88MustangGt
04-16-2006, 11:01 PM
actaully after reading some more i think i am gonan skip the ssr2 and just grab the 2.5. every post i see everyone says to use the 2.5.

thanks for the reply`s

Brenton
04-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Hey Winnipeg Mustang.
I`m Brenton from PEI. Sorry about the flooding ... again.

I`m a big fan of Pro Polish. If I am into a wax job where I`m not doing polishing by machine, and I see a little surface rust or a dirty panel, PP works by hand. It also works quickly by machine, but there is a learning curve.

My choice regimen:
PP (different program than the SSRs)
EX-P
Natty`s Blue
Wheel Sealant

Remember that NXT is not a true wax, it is a polymer sealant. It is really unnecessary if you use EX-P. But still with what you like, really. I think most of the products you have available to you are good-better-best, and NXT Tech Wax is in the better category.
b

West6MT
04-17-2006, 06:01 AM
I am ordering some stuff from eshine today too lol. I can get most things from them, but some things I have to order from the states. In any event, eshine is great.

JaredPointer
04-17-2006, 07:09 AM
I would suggest either using the EX-P or the NXT, one or the other. IIRC, the NXT has some cleaning ability which would likely take the previous layer of sealant off.

As suggested before, I would skip the glaze if you are going to apply a sealant for durability reasons.

And personally, I would either use the SSR1 or the Pro Polish as my finishing polish. Those steps, one after the other, seem a little redundant. If you wanted to use both, I would suggest using the Pro Polish as the first polish you use to clean up the paint and let you evaluate how aggressive you need to go with the swirl removing steps.

88MustangGt
04-17-2006, 09:51 PM
i put in my order and somehow forgot to order the natty`s blue....... since i don`t want to put in an order and pay shipping for just wax i think i may try the meguiars gold class wax instead cause i can get it locally for fairly cheap. what do you guys think of that wax as a final step over the NXT?

CalgaryDetail
04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Send an e-mail to them they might just throw it in the box, saves eveyone money. I would just call or e-mail them and see what they can do. Worst tht will happen is they say not, the best is they put it in can charge another one to yur cc, no biggy. Chris is a great guy im sure he can do somthing for ya