PDA

View Full Version : P21S Total Auto Wash...

Lexi65
05-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Is anyone familiar with this product?

tom p.
05-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Yes. :)

Lexi65
05-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Please extrapolate!

jmsc
05-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Yes also.

`

Last used it 10 years ago. Old tech as they like to say. Used on wheel wells, engine bay, door jams etc... to name a few spots. Still works OK. But today, I would opt for newer, up-to-date, avant garde`products.

Swanicyouth
05-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Yes also.

Last used it 10 years ago. Old tech as they like to say. Used on wheel wells, engine bay, door jams etc... to name a few spots. Still works OK. But today, I would opt for newer, up-to-date, avant garde products.

Old tech? What makes it old tech?

Avant garde? What makes a cleaner "avant garde"?

tom p.
05-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Please extrapolate!

`

I`m not even sure what your question is...` Do you have a question about P21S Total Auto Wash?

Accumulator
05-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I`ve used TAW since forever.` It`s a perfectly good APC of the "citrus-based" variety, with all that entails including the orange scent.` Rather pricey.

`

It`s "old tech" in that it apparently/supposedly relies on the cleaning power of citrus oils and requires rinsing, and it doesn`t leave anything like polymers/gloss enhancers`behind the way some "more modern" products to (scare-quotes somewhat`intentional- OK, they`re newer, but that`s not really a fair criticism of TAW; old is OK if it still works, newer is better if there`s a discernable benefit).

`

I`ve never done a direct comparison, but I get the feeling that Optimum`s Power Clean is more effective (it`s what I generally reach for when I need a potent APC).

`

If somebody likes TAW and can handle the price, no reason to switch to something else IMO.` I myself got kinda tired of the scent...and the price.