PDA

View Full Version : clear plastic mats

blucpe
04-15-2014, 07:23 AM
does anyone have way of getting the discolring out of the clear plastic prtective mats you put over your regular mats, the driver side has begun to yellow, i`ve tried apc, car wash soap, so far it`s still there. any suggestions would be welcome.

Accumulator
04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
AFAIK there`s no fix for this; once they start to yellow that`s just how they are.

Bill D
04-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Sucks this is the case because I`ve been trying to find a fix as well

Accumulator
04-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Well, you could always try to think of it as patina...if some clear plastic seatcovers from the `50s were yellowed folks like me would just say how cool it is that they`re still on the job and how "gee, that discoloration could`ve been the underlying carpet!"` Just trying to be positive B)

blucpe
04-16-2014, 12:30 PM
theyre not that bad, i guess when they are i`ll get new ones, they`re not that expensive. accumulator, good thinkin there, growing up those plastic slipcovers were everywhere.

Jon@APAD
04-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Ditch the clear cheap plastic mats and get WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners if they make them for your vehicle. More money up front on WeatherTech Liners, but amazing quality, great looks, and they do a superior job at keeping the carpets underneath them clean.

Accumulator
05-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Eh, I`ve had various Liners/etc. from both WeatherTech and Husky, but I`d put those in a whole different category from clear mats.` "Modern"-tech liners/mats would be way out of place in certain vehicles, just as the thin clear ones would be goofy in my Tahoe in the dead of winter.

`

And I could really rant about how they don`t make "properly fitted" mats or liners for the vast majority of my vehicles!``I mean...come on, no Crown Vics?!?` There are a million of those cars in service and when it comes right down to ordering for them there are no liners and limited other offerings...which`have`little disclaimers like "police package cars will require trimming.." and stuff like that (not that the cop/civilian cars differ`in this regard`anyhow, and`the fit`s crappy in both).`OK, end of rant..