PDA

View Full Version : Best reference I`ve ever had

Pages : [1] 2

CalgaryDetail
04-16-2006, 01:57 AM
So today my dad picked up his Jag which was being stored at one of his friends many homes. So to thank the guy he came over to have a drink. My dads park avenue was outside as we only have a 2 car garage. This week i had done a paint detail, and got 99% of the scratches out (golf shoes are killer on the bumper) He asked who did the car and my dad said i had. He said nice work and asked when i was done exams. I told him on the 26th and he said his wife was going away on the 27th for 3 days and he wanted to surprise her with a detail. He asked if i would do it when she was away. I was like sure ya thinking its gonna be something old but w.e its still a a job. To my suprise he says its a 2005 Cayenne turbo. I was so excited. This will be the most expensive car i`ve done, which i know to most people isnt a big deal however he has 4 other luxury cars that need to be detailed. This will be a big one to get my name around the corporate underworld on calgary lol. I guess a sample of the work is the best form of advertising. Ill make sure to let you guys know how it goes and get some pics.

The Chee
04-16-2006, 02:41 AM
Congrats, what colour is the Cayenne?:)

MrRogue
04-16-2006, 09:10 AM
yea those are nice cars. congrats.

C. Charles Hahn
04-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Nice!! Now, don`t forget that Porsche paint can be a b!tch because it tends to be so soft...

CalgaryDetail
04-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Thankx guys, im not sure as to the colour but i think it is black, so itll be a pain. im sure its not taken care of as well as i would like. However im sure it will be fun. Ive actully had some freinds volunteer to help me for free kinda as a training, test as they want to get into buisness so hopefully ill have some help removing the wax lol. Will see how it goes and ill get some good pics for the forum and my portfolio. Thankx again

nyc_medic
04-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Good Luck with the future details. Hopefully you might be able to get his other cars.

CalgaryDetail
04-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Thats the plan. im doing this one as a freebie to show him what i can do, and frm there im hoping he will either pass my name on or will let me do his vette. But will see

LikeaRock
04-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Sweet deal! I too just scored a detail on a Cayenne Turbo, it`s a dark charcoal grey color with some really nice looking gun-metal grey 20`s, I`m just waiting on a nice weekend to do it.. We`ll have to make twin threads when we`re done LOL.

CalgaryDetail
04-16-2006, 02:46 PM
For sure, will both have to get pics and see how it goes. good luck with your detail, and i hope the weather gets a little better for you

LikeaRock
04-16-2006, 03:25 PM
For sure, will both have to get pics and see how it goes. good luck with your detail, and i hope the weather gets a little better for you
No kidding. I don`t know if your news reports the weather situations in the US, but us Californians have been getting dumped on for 6 weeks or so. They`re saying it will finally be like spring starting tomorrow, hopefully we`ll hit 75+ tomorrow afternoon. It`s starting to clear up right now, I hope it`s a good sign!

C. Charles Hahn
04-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Ive actully had some freinds volunteer to help me for free kinda as a training, test as they want to get into buisness so hopefully ill have some help removing the wax lol.

:lmfao More like they just want to get their hands on a $90K Porsche....

CalgaryDetail
04-16-2006, 04:25 PM
lol most likey, i think they just want to say they touched a 120k car. But w.e floats there boats. If i can get free labour lol im ok with it.

audiboy
04-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Congrats on the great reference. Hopefully he`ll be spreading your name around with the free detail he`s recieving.

CalgaryDetail
04-28-2006, 12:15 AM
so i have some good and bad news. The bad news is i did the porsche, got some nice b4 pics then did all th work (b4 and after my other job) and when i finshed it wasy way to dark. So my dad was at this gguys house drinking (there best freinds) and i had to go pick him up so i dropped off the car. He said it was the best detail hes ever have and loved the smell (thnkx steve it was nl) the good news is that he wants to set up a time to do his vette, his trailbalse SS (i think the one with the vette engince) and his 2 other cars (cant rember) plus he said he was going to pass my name on. I hjust thought i would share as im happy lol thnkx for listening reading

Maxima Lover
04-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Congratulations! What process and products did you use?

I`m sure he has some other friends with nice cars as well. I would have tried to find some reason to drive it though. Something like, "I need to get all the water blown out." :wink: