PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning behind louvers on Mustang

ObsessiveDetail
03-30-2014, 08:11 PM
I just bought a 2014 Roush Mustang and the windows behind the side louvers are super dirty and look terrible.` I have a ton of brushes but cannot find any that will fit or that will no scratch the louver.` Anyone have a trick to clean the glass behind the louvers?

David Fermani
03-30-2014, 08:25 PM
No clue? How difficult is it to be removed from the glass panel?`

dfoxengr
03-31-2014, 09:00 AM
What about the thin foam on a stick things ive seen around? I think LC makes them?

Accumulator
03-31-2014, 12:56 PM
Obsessive Detai- Welcome to Autopia!

`

This came up a while back when somebody here had one of those, he never found a satsifactory solution to the problem.` I do remember that removing the louvers isn`t a practical solution as they`re epoxied (or somesuch permanent method) in place.` IIRC he finally just got the qtr. glass tinted dark and tried not to think about it.

`

I`d try finding a thin, flexible piece of plastic (in the appropriate length), wrap it with a low-lint MF, soak it with ONR/IUDJ/etc. and try to work it in between the louvers deeply enough to contact the glass.` No, it wouldn`t turn out remotely perfect, but I think I could live with it as long as I also had the glass tinted.