PDA

View Full Version : What are the results with the polishing pal?

Pages : 1 [2]

belcherm58
04-16-2006, 07:56 PM
I did actually have a MF towel in my hand to keep the heat from my hand
from melting the Natty`s wax disc. If you use a wax that is in a larger diameter container then you will not have to do this. The pad is 4" in
diameter.

Djmigs
04-16-2006, 08:25 PM
im intrested but it seem it might now be good in tight area but im sure it would relieve my ache hand also i dont know about the cutting pads i doubt you can remove swirls unless it very very light....pinncelwax has free ship but which is good but they dont offer all the pads like danase...decision decision

belcherm58
04-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Pinnacle doe`s have all pad choices. I have the Autogeek link below. The Pinnacle Polishin Pal at the Autogeek link shows all the pad choices. You may have to call them as I did not see the pads on the Pinnacle link I provided in the above link. I am sure if you call them, they will add them to the order and not charge shipping. Autogeek is also the same store as Wolfgang
and Pinnacle. Look at the Autogeek link below to see what pads you want and call them. http://www.autogeek.net/pinpp.html

budman3
04-16-2006, 09:40 PM
im intrested but it seem it might now be good in tight area but im sure it would relieve my ache hand

I agree. It`s a pain for me to clay and apply paste wax. My hands get all cramped up and just plain old hurts. So maybe this would relieve that.

Maxima Lover
04-16-2006, 10:26 PM
im intrested but it seem it might now be good in tight area but im sure it would relieve my ache hand also i dont know about the cutting pads i doubt you can remove swirls unless it very very light....pinncelwax has free ship but which is good but they dont offer all the pads like danase...decision decision

My hand gets the same way. Sometimes my fingers just lock up if I`m pressing hard in an awkward position and I have to bend them with my other hand.

I don`t even see where the other pads for the pinnacle polishing pal are and how much they cost though.

I might just make this with some wood. Cut a tennis ball to put on the top or maybe take the inside of one of those balls that you squeeze for your hand and glue that on top of the wood. Throw some Velcro on the bottom and on a foam applicator instead of buying one of these things. Damn I`m cheap...

The Chee
04-16-2006, 10:51 PM
I don`t even see where the other pads for the pinnacle polishing pal are and how much they cost though.

Here you go buddy http://www.pinnaclewax.com/4inch-spot-buffpads.html

Personally I would not use the clay bar disc (if I had one), I might put too much pressure against the paint (??).

Maxima Lover
04-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Here you go buddy http://www.pinnaclewax.com/4inch-spot-buffpads.html

Personally I would not use the clay bar disc (if I had one), I might put too much pressure against the paint (??).

Thanks for the link. Those pads can add up fast! I`m not so sure what to do now.

I was wondering about the clay bar disk as well. I wouldn`t really put too much pressure on it though, just glide it back in forth. That kills my fingers and hand too because I`m always afraid I`m going to drop it.

Woob
04-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Yup, helps with the end of the detail waxing, alot easier on the hands.

joe.p
04-17-2006, 09:23 PM
+ One

Djmigs
04-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Danase has the Lake County one.

http://store.danase.com/lacomahapadk.html

i think this is the best price becaused you get all the pad and polisher pal

Maxima Lover
04-18-2006, 01:48 AM
i think this is the best price becaused you get all the pad and polisher pal

I agree. With the other one, you`d have to spend $20 more to get the the same pads that come with the Danase!

belcherm58
04-18-2006, 03:18 AM
The Wolfgang and the Pinnacle come with 2 orange cutting pads. If you
add the shipping charges to the LC it comes to about 30 bucks. You add
a white and a black to the WG or the Pinnacle @ $4.99 at their respective
stores and it comes to $30 and free shipping. Thats 2 orange pads and
a white and a black for the same money. You would just not have the blue
all purpose pad. It works out to be about the same.

max080
04-18-2006, 06:25 AM
I think I may pickup one of these for the stubborn water spots on windows. Pro Polish does an excellent job in removing them, though it kills my arm. Maybe a cutting pad with some PP will help speed up the process.

JaredPointer
04-18-2006, 08:09 AM
I don`t know about using one of these for claying. The whole point of claying is to be able to feel with your hands if the clay needs to be kneaded more often. Now as far as using it to apply waxes, it seems like a nice idea. i just don`t like the idea of anything taking away the "feel" when claying. It seems like it could be dangerous - i.e. get a large contaminant in the clay and you wouldn`t know it was there, scratching the paint. Yeah, yeah, I know.....but it could happen.

The Pad Man
04-18-2006, 11:20 AM
With the clay disc, it prevents uneven pressure caused by fingers. The clay can be removed and replaced real easy. Plus, you cover more area with the clay on the disc as compared to a flat patty.