PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Optimum OS and OCW

cobrar97
03-14-2014, 11:24 AM
I`ve used the original version of OS a few years ago and eventually changed to using Prima Hydro-Seal.` I see that OS now has a version 2 and some people are saying it`s pretty good.

`

A quick background.` I have a brand new F150 that`s dark gray metallic.` I realize it`s not a Porsche, but I have detailer-OCD and it must be perfect at all times.` I wash it weekly, dust it daily, and QD it daily.` It`s garage kept at night.` I actually like hand buffer, so durability isn`t a concern here.` Neither is cost.` I want the most amazing metallic pop and shine I can get.` Waxes don`t give me that, so I turn to sealants and coating.

`

With that being said, I was wondering about the newest OS and using OCW as a QD.` Any thoughts?` Will I get the metallic pop I`m looking for?` Can OCW be used like a daily QD so it always looks it`s best.` Can you OS over top of OCW?

`

Currently I use ONR for washing.` I use Prima Hyrdo when drying.` I use Prima Hydro-Seal as my sealant.` And I QD with various...like CG V7, FK425, or whatever I like at the time.

Can I get better results from the Optimum setup?

`

I see that Prima has a new Hydro-MAX, but no one on here seems to know anything about it...so I`m still waiting to hear about it.` Anyhow...any advise on the Optimum products would be appreciated.` I`m sure Scott will throw in some info here...I hope so.

fdresq4
03-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Just used thenew Opti Seal on a 14 year old CR-V and I like it. Easy to use and it`s holding up well albeit it was put on a little over a month ago.

The link to my results...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/132971-2000-honda-cr-v/ (`http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/132971-2000-honda-cr-v/`)

I have a bottle of ORWS as a a detailer spray and a 2 gallon pump sprayer as a pre soak. I am very happy with it.

blucpe
03-15-2014, 11:50 AM
i`m a fan of prima products, amigo, hydro, slick, i think they give amazing results, i have`nt tried prima hydro max yet. i would think you should`nt top ocw with os because os is a sealant and you shoul`nt top a wax with a sealant, bonding issues, but i`ve done it more than once without issue. like you i don`t worry about duability and i always, at the very least dust my car off everyday and qd it at least 4 times a wk. i personally find that sealants pop the flake more than waxes, just my experience.

bunkeroo26
03-15-2014, 12:06 PM
I have to disagree with blucpe,

Os and ocw work perfectly together.

I have had great success layering them in either order.

What is easiest for me is to wax, then seal.

The wax goes on easier right on to paint.

Neat thing, is that this is even promoted by Optimum.

They say that the wax mitigates above the seal.

This means that they work so perfectly together,

that the wax transitions to the top.

These are Synergistic, because they have many same base chemicals.

If you are that ocd about your truck,

You should look into Opti Coat.

It will save time and money in the long run