PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to use HD Total Concentrate diluted 6:1 on lenses?

kajunman
03-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Is it safe to use HD Total Concentrate diluted 6:1 on gauge lenses in your car?

Thanks in advance,

kajunman

tom p.
03-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Yes.

kajunman
03-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Thanks tom p.

`

kajunman

David Fermani
03-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Like any cleaner, avoid spraying it directly onto the lense.`

Lonnie
03-27-2014, 04:15 PM
A related question is: What do you use to wipe plastic lens with?

`

The wrong cloth/towel and cleaner will really swirl/scratch those lens. I am guessing that many a car owner has cleaned their dashboard gauge lens/cover with Windex (or any generic ammoniated cleaner) and paper toweling, only to discover the swirls and scratches induced by such products and methodology.

`

I have Plexus plastic cleaner and a softer short-nap window-cleaning-type microfiber cloth dedicated for clear plastic only, but it seems my lens still suffer from swirls and scratches. `Part of`my problem may be in not pre-cleaning them with some type of ACP, as the original poster (OP) has asked about the solution ratio for`this cleaning application.

David Fermani
03-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Great question Lonnie - I would use caution on gauge clusters and wood/dark interior trim. MF is your friend, but no matter how delicate you are there`s still going to be an accumulation of marring over time. I would follow up cleaning with an All In One by hand. Should keep it looking crystal clear.`