PDA

View Full Version : Car Dealerships

AquaHawk
03-10-2014, 02:08 PM
I was wondering, how do you get into detailing car dealerships. And how should I charge?

Also, today some Autotransport place called me and I tried to get in touch with the original caller, but no success.

bunkeroo26
03-10-2014, 03:17 PM
There are many different pricing structures for dealers. You can offer to detail every new car off the truck, you could do only maintenance details, you could sell coatings, or you could do volume work.

These guys are being too have someone replace their power washer crews, with higher quality. If you can make it beneficial to both of you, that`s where the money is.

David Fermani
03-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Aqua - You need to have a solid game plan in place 1st and foremost. Then, insurance and employees are very important. How many dealers are in your immediate area and how much competition is there that is doing dealer work?`

AquaHawk
03-10-2014, 09:22 PM
@David Fermani

I`m not sure on the competition, there isn`t really too many Mobile guys near the area I am. There are tons of dealers around me, maybe 100+ ? (just a rough est.) That is, though, in a radius of maybe 45mins to an 1hr.

David Fermani
03-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Ahhh, you`re planning on going mobile? That`s a different story. You could hire a 3 person crew and go from dealer to dealer . 1 guy preps the car, 1 does the interior and the other does the exterior. Then, the prep guy can help finish the little stuff like windows, door jambs and tires. You could do 5-6 complete details no problem. And do them onsite at the dealer. Do the math and add the number up.`

AquaHawk
03-10-2014, 09:44 PM
@David Fermani

Thanks for the info! I`m mobile now, but soon will be moving and will probably be forced to do work all of my work out of`a garage for a year or so; that is,`if I make anything under 10K this year. (After Taxes)

bunkeroo26
03-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Exterior only work is also lucrative, and can be done without power. Think wash and wax with seal. With 100 detailers in your area, you are on the right track.

Volume work is quite different.

You can call me "**RVWash" from any cell phone and I can answer about how I structure my dealer accounts.

AquaHawk
03-10-2014, 10:15 PM
@WWWW Thanks! I really appreciate that! :)