PDA

View Full Version : ONR through Foam lance

bunkeroo26
02-27-2014, 09:19 PM
I have been looking for easier ways of applying ONR to Rv sides. I think that I have found a system that I can adapt to work better. Today was an experiment, but it worked great and the results were loved.

I put about 3/4 of an inch of power clean into the lance bottle, then I filled the lance bottle about halfway with ONR concentrate. Filed the rest with wash strength ONR.

Yes, this is strong concentration, but I intend it to be diluted with the lance. The best setting for my Mtm lance was the same that I use for foaming soap. Full concentration along with Max width.

My wash method starts with a pre spray with just water, then spray my ONR mixture. The surface is then agitated with wash media. Depending on cleanliness of panel, it is either dried and buffed, or rinsed and resprayed with ONR then dried.

I did not mention that I used ONRww, and it came out great. Application with lance was perfect and wasted very little. I still use a high quality soap on the roof.

dfoxengr
02-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Sounds to me like it would just run off before you got to all of it, losing your lubrication. Maybe just get a backpack garden sprayer and spray directly where you are working in small sections. Would also be less to dry and no machine setup.

bunkeroo26
02-28-2014, 08:59 AM
You are wrong on just about every level.

Do you clean RVs much? `Do you use a lance? `

`

`

My method works great. `A garden sprayer would waste too much time,`

plus a pressure washer is needed for Rv work. ` Why would I want

to go without machines? . `

`

My method works, `your suggestion is unrealistic.`

Accumulator
02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
WilliamWallacesWashAndWax- Huh, I would`ve bet the farm that it would *NOT* work well due to how I see ONR/etc. working (dirt transfers to wash medium)....just goes to show that I`m not always right about everything after all :lol:

bunkeroo26
02-28-2014, 04:21 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_160/gallery_25591_160_164830.jpgYes the dirt transfers to wash medium, `along with`

heavy oxidation "milk". `I then use two bucket system.`

I first wring all the dirty water out of my mf head on a wand,`

then I drunk it into Rinse and wring it out again (outside the bucket).`

If needed I Rinse again, then dunk into wash bucket and go.`

`

The onr in my bucket is more for lube than washing. ` The reason to

spray with lance, `is that you get added dwell time. `This gives Opc time`

to work. `

`

After the wash, `I spray off with power washer and then hit the side

with the lance. `This second go around is more of my wax application.

This second coat, `I just buff out, and it shines great.

`

For me, `this gives better results than normal ONR method.

`

`

Dfox, `I didn`t mean to be so negative about your comment, `but there

is no way that a garden sprayer would work. ` Given that I can spray an

entire 40 foot side of an Rv in fifteen seconds, `the issue here is speed.

Also, garden sprayer spray too lightly for my taste. ` They also can`t reach

the top of a 14 foot rig. `

`

As for the solution running off, `I took a few pics that I will add.`

On the pictures, `the ONR solution looks like straight wax.`

`

I love it!`

`

Yes, `I will run through our a bit quicker, `but citrus wash and gloss`

with wax is like 12 bucks a gallon (today last day of sale). `This is much`

cheaper than ONR, and I could use the city`s for precise and wash,`

and then ONR for final wax step.

Accumulator
03-01-2014, 01:38 PM
wwww-willywallywashwax- Ah, doing those huge (and often abused/neglected) things must be a job-o`-work, pays for you to figure out the most efficient methods, huh?

bunkeroo26
03-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Actually, I am thinking of adding Optimum wax to my lance solution for a real good wax spray. This would allow me to do quick cars also.

I would spray off with lance, then Foam ONRww + Opc for wash, Rinse clean, then ONRww + car wax through lance for finish wax buff.

I am also evaluating other products through lance. If GPS can be slightly diluted with ONR, then this would be a quick glaze and seal application.

Hear me out about dilution through lance. You can buff with water when polishing, so should a little water ruin the products effectiveness? I don`t imagine it.

Now, If GPS can be diluted (tests will show), then will I be able to add Opti Seal to a mixture through lance? I am considering this because isn`t the seal in GPS?

bunkeroo26
03-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Well, if I figure the quickest way, then I can transition that to working on dealer lots. I am thinking of outfitting my pressure washer with a bucket feed system. I am also thinking of running ONR through it (but hesitant).

If I can Rinse, wash, wax a line of vehicles with a lance, then I can substantially increase my earnings for my volume accounts. A gas pw with bucket feed is super mobile, so it would fit into my system quite nicely.

Accumulator
03-02-2014, 02:00 PM
wwww-willywallywashwax- I wouldn`t extrapolate from "water with polishing" to "water with other processes".` And note that water + polish/compound *does* change the latter`s behavior a bit anyhow, not always`100% innocous.

bunkeroo26
03-03-2014, 08:52 AM
I understand about how water can`t just be added

to any product, but I am optimistic. I would not be

adding water to GPS then polishing, it would only

be a glaze and seal.

I work outside in the Texas heat. One problem that we have is surfaces getting too hot. This flashes off chemicals before it is time, and makes UT tough to buff out.

First, I need to test how much water is added with the mtm on its strongest setting. If it is not much, perhaps the extra water would help. If just some water flashes before buff, that is optimal.

Accumulator
03-03-2014, 02:56 PM
wwww-willywallywashwax- Yeah, guys like you and Scottwax have all sorts of, well...Texas-size challenges, working down there in that heat.