PDA

View Full Version : Sealant Questions

glen22
04-14-2006, 08:50 AM
I was wondering what you think is best to do?
i have 1 coat of wolfgang sealant on my vehicle and would like to know if ?
1, I should buff it off to apply my next coat in 24 hours?
2, apply another coat on top of this one?
I am not to concerned about applying another coat in the case I missed anything. I didnt miss anything but am willing to reaply another coat on top if it will be best to do so.
please share your thoughts. thanks

Brenton
04-14-2006, 09:01 AM
I think that buffing it off is best--rinse and repeat, so to speak. The 24 hour cure time is helpful too.

glen22
04-14-2006, 09:03 AM
rinse huh? never knew to do that . why please?

JaredPointer
04-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I would like to hear about this rinsing of freshly aplpied sealant. I would think that goes against the principles of not geting a sealant wet within 12-24 hours.

cwcad
04-14-2006, 09:23 AM
I believe that he(PEI) was using it as a figure of speech. Like the directions of a shampoo. Lather, rinse, repeat. A second layer of sealant is always better than one. If you have the time and inclination it will give you better results. One is good. Two is better!!

mgm2003
04-14-2006, 09:27 AM
I think PEI was trying to say: Wipe Off = Rinse & Reapply Sealer = Repeat. I don`t think he meant to literally `rinse and repeat`.

Beemerboy
04-14-2006, 09:35 AM
There is no need to buff anything IMO all I would do is wash the car of any dirt to make sure your surface is clean and apply the next coat...its what I have been doing IF I have had to move the car much between coats

Brenton
04-14-2006, 09:46 AM
I think PEI was trying to say: Wipe Off = Rinse & Reapply Sealer = Repeat. I don`t think he meant to literally `rinse and repeat`.

Sorry, I was joking. Which I`m not very good at.
Buff and repeat.

JaredPointer
04-14-2006, 09:47 AM
I believe that he(PEI) was using it as a figure of speech. Like the directions of a shampoo. Lather, rinse, repeat. A second layer of sealant is always better than one. If you have the time and inclination it will give your better results. One is good. Two is better!!

Oh, I think I got it. Thanks Kirk. :)