PDA

View Full Version : How many cars?

AquaHawk
02-23-2014, 02:27 PM
So I`ve been detailing, little bit, for about a year now. Before, I didn`t do any form of advertisement, I also didn`t have a website, until a few month ago. So this will be my first summer, hopefully, getting a good amount of customers.

I was just curious, how many cars, on average, do you do a day? I know it varies for different areas, just think it would be encouraging to me and maybe others to hear the possibilities.

Thanks.

-AquaHawk

David Fermani
02-23-2014, 04:20 PM
That is really tough to give a blanket statement to because mainly there are so many variables involved with detailing a car. For a complete detail a person can spend multiple days to 2-3 hours. It really depends on the circumstance and level of detailing you`re focusing on.`

`

I can tell you this.....in a high volume environment where the shop caters to used car dealers, I see no problem for someone to complete 3-4 complete details each day.`

AquaHawk
02-23-2014, 07:34 PM
@David Thanks for the reply! :) And if you figure, the person just wants a regular interior detail, starting at $200 multiply that by 4 = $800.

I really enjoy detailing, I could really see myself doing it for a long long time. :)

David Fermani
02-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Sweet! Just make sure to learn the right way 1st then work on speed. An interior should take anywhere from 1.5 hours to 3 depending on how bad and big.`

Scottwax
02-23-2014, 10:58 PM
With my son and I working together, we can do 3 full (1 polishing step) details or two Optimum Coatings (again, 1 polishing step with maybe some spot correction) in a day.`