PDA

View Full Version : scratches is a pain

agentm
04-14-2006, 06:49 AM
I just bought this car and this guy have scratches on the hood everywhere. So I figure I could take it out with some Menzerna or poorboy. These scrtches are like , when you put t box on the hood and slide it off. I use intensive polish and most of them came off. But I can still see that little minor minor scratch on it if you really look carefully. I don`t want to compound it too much, scared that it would go to the primer. What should I do? Should I keep compound it with SSR 3 or leave it? Thanks:)

Beemerboy
04-14-2006, 09:54 AM
I just bought this car and this guy have scratches on the hood everywhere. So I figure I could take it out with some Menzerna or poorboy. These scrtches are like , when you put t box on the hood and slide it off. I use intensive polish and most of them came off. But I can still see that little minor minor scratch on it if you really look carefully. I don`t want to compound it too much, scared that it would go to the primer. What should I do? Should I keep compound it with SSR 3 or leave it? Thanks:)

How are you applying the products.....by hand or machine? What color is the car?

cwcad
04-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Beemerboy is correct we need more information.

How many times did you apply IP? With out that information it is hard to say. Often times another application is enough to get the spots that were missed. Especially if one is using a PC.

agentm
04-14-2006, 07:37 PM
How are you applying the products.....by hand or machine? What color is the car?I use a machine. I put 2 strip of prodduct for each 2x2 area.

agentm
04-14-2006, 07:40 PM
How many times did you apply IP? With out that information it is hard to say. Often times another application is enough to get the spots that were missed. Especially if one is using a PC.i must of use it 3x on those spot that are very scratched. I put the product right the scratch and I put my pad on there to season it. The scratch seems more of a gough. Like a press deep instead of a key across it.

cwcad
04-14-2006, 07:44 PM
What kind of machine? PC or Rotary? What kind of pads? How long did you work the product? How much pressure was applied? What speed was the machine operated at? What is the color of the vehicle?

Information is needed to help you.

agentm
04-15-2006, 06:18 AM
What kind of machine? PC or Rotary? What kind of pads? How long did you work the product? How much pressure was applied? What speed was the machine operated at? What is the color of the vehicle?

Information is needed to help you.I use a rotory with the yellow pad. The speed is 3. My Makita 6040 is range from 1-5 speed. I work it for about 2 minute with a medium pressure. My car is silvergray. I could keep compounding it but I`m scare I might be taking too much paint out. I have the SSR 3 also.

holland_patrick
04-15-2006, 06:39 AM
use the ssr3...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/IMG_2665.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/IMG_2667.jpg

then finsh up with ssr1
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/IMG_2668.jpg

cwcad
04-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Pictures speak a thousand words. I agree with HP.

agentm
04-15-2006, 06:16 PM
On that picture I can still see scratches but less noticable. I can`t see mine unless you go up to the paint. Even if I use my camera, It might not show.

cwcad
04-15-2006, 06:18 PM
On that picture I can still see scratches but less noticable. I can`t see mine unless you go up to the paint. Even if I use my camera, It might not show.

Well then it sounds as if you have reached your Zenith at this point.