PDA

View Full Version : Scared to touch my glossy black 2014 GMC Sierra

GMCJeff
02-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Hey all,

`

I have had my black 2014 GMC Sierra for 3 weeks now and have been terrified to touch it with anything as to avoid swirl marks. The dealer did put something GMC calls a Pro-Pak paint protectant on it and it appears to be swirl and damage free. Any help as to a washing technique and product to use would be great. I have a full wash bay with a pressure washer at my disposal, however I have seen mixed reviews about using one.`

`

Any thoughts on all of the above would be much appreciated.`

`

P.S while i have you here, how about continuing care. Just clay bar and wax?

`

Jeff

salty
02-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Don`t touch it until you have to. Pressure wash is ok. Spot free rinse is a must. See how long the dealer wax lasts. If you wash it often from the start and not let road film build up, you should be able to go for months without touching it.

`

After it doesn`t wash well any more, time to try a hand wash (many threads on how to properly, on here). Then you will see if the dealer wax is still there. If it is, then restart the pressure wash often way, until it doesn`t work any more.

`

By then it could use a clay and sealant, done properly of course, then restart the above system.

`

Works for me, living in the same climate as you. Where vehicles get dirty.

bunkeroo26
02-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Check out the "Gary Dean Wash Method"