View Full Version : What a winter...so far

fdresq4
01-24-2014, 09:45 PM
O.k., I realize that sooner or later we would get a winter that would make me cry but Yikes! We are expecting another snow event here in Jersey and the temps for a couple of nights will be sub zero.

My truck and the CR-V are caked in salt and the self wash bays were closed because of the low temps.

Monday is suppose to hit 34 and I am off so I will be pre soaking, power rinsing, and then rinseless washing.

In three years, God willing, we are moving south. I wouldn`t mind the cold so much but seeing the cars as dirty as they are is eating at me. Plus this cold weather stinks in my line of work. LOL...

I did get to detail the CR-V last week and the Opti Seal is doing its job.

House of Wax
01-24-2014, 11:52 PM
yeah, this is the coldest winter i can remember in a loooong time

tom p.
01-25-2014, 08:34 AM
We`re supposed to get up to 35F today.` I might rinse the cars but they`re fairly clean considering the outrageous amount of salt, chems, etc. they throw on the roads.

`

Only 53 days `til Spring !!!

bunkeroo26
01-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Have you looked into bucket heaters so your hands aren`t frozen?

Catch-22
01-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Was going to look into ONR, but i think it`s too cold for that too.

fdresq4
01-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Can`t say I have. It has started to snow here.

I can do a bucket wash in the garage and be warm enough. It`s being able to power rinse/wash the thicked caked on debris that is my issue. The local self-serve bay wash has been closed and my driveway is way too steep to deal with water at this temperature.

Meticulous
01-25-2014, 12:08 PM
`I am going crazy stuck inside the house, can`t detail or clean my own cars, pipes froze, just one thing after another. It`s not only the snow but the freezing temps too. Can`t wait for spring, I want to wash my cars so bad.

JohnZ3MC
01-25-2014, 01:06 PM
On the west coast it`s the opposite weather patterns.` Here in BC, we`ve had the most mild and dry winter for quite a while.` A couple of nights ago I was heading out for a computer job and at 19:30 hrs it was 47 degrees F.`

So mild I did a waterless wash of the DD and applied two layers of Powerlock.` Heck, it`s so mild I don`t even wear a jacket when I take the dog out for` business meetings at night.

Central and Eastern Canada are a different story though.`

DaGonz
01-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Winter in Southern New England has been weird too. The other day we got 4 to 6" of heavy wet "trace to a dusting" snow, the week before the temps were in the 50`s during the day an mid 30`s during the night. Tomorrow will be 40 and overcast, then back to the teens for Tuesday and Wednesday.

David Fermani
01-26-2014, 07:37 PM
I`m so looking forward to Spring!!!!

fdresq4
01-26-2014, 07:44 PM
My wife`s family, in extreme southeast Alabama, are under a Winter Storm Watch Tuesday into Wednesday. They don`t have plows or road salt.