PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying a Honda Accord, detail related questions

imported_RedlineIRL
01-07-2014, 10:42 PM
I am looking to get a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 soon, and I had some detailing related questions about it. The color of the one I am looking at is Polished Grey Metallic (a darker grey color), and it has black leater heated seats. This will be my first vehicle that I own that has not been a GM, so I am not familiar with Honda paints and interiors. I used be a real frequent detailier of my vehicles, but I don`t have as much free time anymore as I used to and can`t do a weely inside and out detail. I don`t trash my cars, but anymore I am lucky to wash my daily driver once a month. I still refuse to use coin ops.

`

What I am concerned about is, does Honda paint scratch and show swirls easily? Any other concerns with Honda finishes?. I originally wanted silver or white, but this car came along at a really good price.

`

What about Honda leather, is it pretty durable? I am used to GM (p)leather, and while it is OK, it was very wrinkle prone and not exactly what I`d call thick and durable. In the past on leather I have used Zaino Z9 and Z10. It worked well, but it took a while to do. I have been out of the detailing prodct loop for a while, but is there anything out there now that cleans an conditions leather in less time? Even though it`s going to be a daily driver, I still want to keep the leather from cracking and wrinkling.

`

I have never had a car with heated leather seats before, but will using it (especially on black leather) cause the leather premature wear and tear?

`

`

`

Also, is anyone on here in the Franklin or Nashville, TN area and does Cquartz or Opticoat protection. I`d like to get this done shortly after I get the car, and I don`t know of any reputable, professional, and true autpians in the area

David Fermani
01-07-2014, 10:52 PM
`

`

I have never had a car with heated leather seats before, but will using it (especially on black leather) cause the leather premature wear and tear?

`

`

`

Also, is anyone on here in the Franklin or Nashville, TN area and does Cquartz or Opticoat protection. I`d like to get this done shortly after I get the car, and I don`t know of any reputable, professional, and true autopians in the area

`

I have a Chrysler T&C van with heated seats (100,000 miles) that my wife constantly loves turning them on. (even in the summer with the A/C full blast). I can honestly say that the seats (both fronts) have been unharmed by its use. If anything, what wears them down more then anything is soiling/abrasion. Keep em clean and protected and you`re set for the long haul.`

`

Also, I`ll spread the word around about you needing an Opti-Coat installer in your area. I know a couple people that might be able to assist.`

`

Congrats on the car purchase btw...

Chris@Optimum
01-07-2014, 11:06 PM
I`m in Cookville, 80 miles east of Nashville on hwy 40. Scott Campbell is available in Smithville at executives choice detailing. We`d both be glad to help. My mobile is 931-267-2500 if you want to call tomorrow.

David Fermani
01-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Chris is the Optimal choice for Opti-Coating your car. B)`` Optimum also offers a leather coating that will greatly aide in the longevity of your leather too.`

tdowns187
01-08-2014, 09:24 AM
I own a 2008 Accord Coupe EX-L V6, in the same color but with beige interior. `I`ve owned the car since new, prior to getting into paint correction and always practiced good techniques IMO. `I`ve only had to correct the paint once, the paint was pretty easy to work with. `The color hides swirls well. `

`

With respect to the interior, it`s held up well. `Seat heaters aren`t an issue at all. `Maybe a little leather break down in the center armrest and the driver`s side door.

`

BTW this car is for sale :) `PM me if you have any other questions`

Scottwax
01-08-2014, 08:05 PM
8th and 7th gen Accords seem to have similar paint hardness, which is moderate. Pretty easy to correct, Optimum Hyper Compound and Polish work very well. I have heated seats in my 7th gen (2004), no problems at all. Some wear but with 146,000 miles on it and it being almost 10 years old, that`s to be expected.`

brownbob06
01-08-2014, 09:05 PM
OT. But hey Scott I tried PMing you and your inbox is full I believe. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance please.