PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Still Use This?

cjbigcog
01-07-2014, 07:49 PM
With all the hoopla regarding the Rupes polishers, I have not seen anything lately about the Dynabrade attachment for rotaries. Is this now considered "old school"?

Ron Ketcham
01-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Not a bad unit, even today. Just not the "hot, let me spend a lot of money for a label" thing. Not that the Rupes is bad or such. No matter the tool, it is in reality more the operator and their choices than a product or machine.

Junebug
01-08-2014, 09:22 AM
I think it was (is) fine, but, you are adding weight and size to another buffer to change a rotary to a DA. I heard a few users refer to it as heavy and bulky. Now, that may be fine on a large, flat surface but a bit much on door panels.

`

Here`s what I want to see: Rupes vs Cyclo, now stay with me here, both are considered long throw (Cyclo has 19 mm and that`s right near the 21 of the Big Foot and better than the 15), now - throw on a pair of MF pads

and let`s see what happens.

David Fermani
01-08-2014, 05:52 PM
With how smooth the Rupes is, not really interested in converting my rotary to DA.`

Paul Sparks
01-08-2014, 07:32 PM
<sup>After purchasing a Rupes 21 my dynabrade found a new home. It was a great tool but honestly earned it`s nickname " The Jackhammer". I`m honestly spoiled by the Rupes and still have a Makita on the shelf if needed.</sup>

C. Charles Hahn
01-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Rupes is just on a whole different level when it comes to smoothness and ergonomics (operator comfort), not to mention that the 21E has an edge over the DB where cutting is concerned. I still have my adapter head, but it`s pretty much just living on the shelf at this point.

SVR
01-16-2014, 02:11 AM
I still use my dynabrade da head daily, the forced mode comes in handy and I still reckon its the most powerful tool in The industry. Yes it`s a jackhammer but with the plates I have for it, it does make it smoother.

It`s fine on doors when you`ve been holding a makita for fifteen years as i have.

I`m waiting for the next game changing machine before I upgrade.

Scottwax
01-21-2014, 07:15 PM
`

`

Here`s what I want to see: Rupes vs Cyclo, now stay with me here, both are considered long throw (Cyclo has 19 mm and that`s right near the 21 of the Big Foot and better than the 15), now - throw on a pair of MF pads

and let`s see what happens.

`

I don`t think the Cyclo has any more cutting power than the latest generation of regular DA polishers. When there was just the regular PC 7424, in comparison the Cyclo had more cutting power. The newer more powerful DA`s like the 7424XP, Griots, HF and G110 v2, doesn`t make much sense to use a machine as bulky as the Cyclo can be and have to deal with double the pads. Once I got a rotary, I sold my Cyclo.`

Chris@Optimum
01-23-2014, 01:09 AM
I still have your Cyclo, Scott. Still running strong but demoted to carpet brush duties.

Catch-22
01-23-2014, 06:19 PM
What is a Dynabrade?

Gtasncdetail
02-17-2014, 02:16 AM
im willing to buy one of those dynabrade attachments from any of you that dont use it anymore.. let me know thanks..

Accumulator
02-17-2014, 11:58 AM
While I`ve never used the Rupes, I sure have used Cyclos and while they make *great* finish-polishers, they`re nothing special for aggressive`correction.

bunkeroo26
02-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Isn`t a better option to get a Da to rotary adapter, and use rotary pads with a Da? Much less added weight

dfoxengr
02-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Only benefits i see to those dont have to do with cutting or smoothness.

And part of the dynabrade appeal is you still have a rotary

gmblack3
02-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Like said above, the dynabrade was the shizzle till the R21 came along.`