PDA

View Full Version : aerospace 303 substitute?

Pages : [1] 2

skuzy
01-06-2014, 12:59 AM
hi everyone...

`

Im looking for a alternative to aerospace 303 product... no real complaints about this other than it makes my car stink to high heaven like B.O !!!`

`

the last thing im wanting is a nice clean shiny car only to stink like 50 sweaty arm pits

`

Any suggestions? Intentions are to keep this bottle and use it for the engine bay only.

`

Thanks in advance.

JohnZ3MC
01-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Einzett Cockpit Premium will work for you.` No more 50 SAPs

`

Edit:` I just noticed that was your first post.` Welcome to Autopia!

Meticulous
01-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Mothers VLR - great stuff, gallon size avail

Megs Quick Interior Detailer- works great on everything including NAV and gauges

bunkeroo26
01-06-2014, 11:15 AM
I love a303, but haven`t found a good alternative.

Optimum tire gel is pretty good, but 303 is superior.

What are you using it for inside that is making it smell?

I mainly reserve this for rubber gaskets in for frame and such.

Accumulator
01-06-2014, 12:43 PM
skuzy- Welcome to Autopia!

`

Like bunkeroo26, I can`t help but wonder what you`re using it for.` I do like it for some (very limited) applications, but most of the time mine just sits on the shelf.

skuzy
01-06-2014, 11:27 PM
well - i feel abit rude to do an intro like this but i was a member of this forum a long way back... the forum has changed and surprisingly my log in still works! lol !!

`

`

back when i was still in love with cars.. i had the impression from reading around on detailing processes & product recommendations that aerospace 303 was the beez neez for cleaning / restoring the interior.`

`

I use it on the dash, doors, handles, etc when cleaning the inside before vaccuming

`

have to say i still love the deep colour it puts back, just not the smell..

tdowns187
01-07-2014, 11:46 AM
I also have had good luck with`<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Einzett Cockpit Premium

Jean-Claude
01-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Cockpit Premium

bunkeroo26
01-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Had a customer who wanted shiny interior.

I finished parts off with Opti bond.

I personally didn`t like the shiny appearance, but he was happy.

I have never tried cockpit premium, but I use to love Meg nxt.

They say that cockpit shine is the nxt, but I am unconvinced.

It sounds as if I should try cockpit premium.

Does it restore Faded interior also?

Accumulator
01-07-2014, 01:18 PM
skuzy- Sorry I didn`t recognize your user-name, now that you mention it, well...yeah, it does ring a bell.

`

Some people are *really* sold on the 303`s UV protection (not me though).` If that`s not a big deal to you, I too love the 1Z Cockpit Premium, and I also use Meguiar`s Interior QD.` Both smell nice IMO and do impart a little bit of sheen.` I wouldn`t go so far as to say it "restores faded vinyl", but then I`ve never really tried to do that, at least not recently.

`

AutoGlym`s interior vinyl/etc. dressing (forget the exact name of it) was something I did like when I wanted a "more is more"-type product as opposed to the less-is-more stuff like the two I mentioned.` It was a bit less slimy than most such products and IIRC it had a light and clean scent.` Autoglym stuff doesn`t get much mention here, but IMO it`s generally a very good line.

bunkeroo26
01-07-2014, 01:29 PM
I love ONR cleaned interior as the smell is nice.

Then followed up by some good protectant of choice.

Just like Accumulator, I am not sold on the UV protection of 303.

Where it excels is hydrating and restoring soft rubber.

I want to believe that this is made for exterior application.

If you do want to use it on interior, perhaps there is a way to achieve this.

Would it cut the smell down if you work in the product, then remove it?

If I understand the product, you wouldn`t need it to dwell on the surface,

the protective chemicals should be absorbed into the surface quickly.

I am unsure what to clean it with, because you would want something mild

to remove the scent but not the protection. ONR possibly?

I hate to talk about it like it is a do it all product, but it is. I love it.

As a parting thought : how much 303 are you using?

When I use it for trim, a little goes a super long way.

Perhaps just cutting down the product used will help.

ETA: another thing to try is diluting the 303. You should still get

the affect needed at lower dilution. Also, if you use tap water, this

sometimes causes solutions to lose their scent.

Let us know what works, if anything

pwaug
01-07-2014, 03:02 PM
You might want to take a look at Optimum Protectant Plus (aka Leather Protectant)--has mild cleaning ability, pleasant smell, matte finish, provides UV protection and it`s really simple to use in that it can be used on the entire interior--vinyl and coated leather.` Been using it for years and my interior looks like new.

`

http://www.autoality.com/store/pc/Optimum-Leather-Protectant-17-oz-a-k-a-Protectant-Plus-92p255.htm (`http://www.autoality.com/store/pc/Optimum-Leather-Protectant-17-oz-a-k-a-Protectant-Plus-92p255.htm`)

skuzy
01-07-2014, 09:32 PM
thanks for all the replies folks.. took 2 days before the smell dissipated lol...

`

In terms of application..no special process really.. just spray enough rub it down and buff it off and try not to get any on the leather or windows`

`

ill do some searching on other products mentioned above..`

`

cheers!

brownbob06
01-08-2014, 01:02 PM
I don`t know if this helps any or not, but to be honest I usually just use ONR at QD dilution and it does fine for me. I`m not a huge fan of my interior being shiny and I don`t have to worry about getting stuff on windows since I do the windows with ONR as well.

`

If I`m doing an interior for someone else I use Meg`s Quick Interior Detailer. It does what it`s supposed to. When I do use 303 I use it on exterior trim.

colinpd137
01-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Carpro PERL would be my recommendation, actually switched from 3 different dressings to this one for my clients. Great dilution ratios & covers all the bases