PDA

View Full Version : Restoring portion of hood after LeBra removal

level76
01-04-2014, 11:11 AM
I recently purchased a 1993 Toyota 4Runner in excellent condition. Inside and out is virtually perfect considering the age of the car.`

`

My only gripe however was the fact that there was a LeBra on the hood. And as I assumed, the part that was covered up needs some work to bring it back to proper form.`

`

Now I`m not a detailing expert by any stretch – this is my first post to the forum – so I need some advice on how to do this job. As you will see in the photos, there are some black marks in various areas. They are smooth to the touch so I can`t exactly rub them out with my finger. Will this require some sort of polishing or just intense elbow grease? What products would I need? Tools?

`

There doesn`t seem to be any color shifting in the paint or fading of any kind. Just the black smudges where the bra used to be.

`

Any help would be appreciated.`

And by the way, the LeBra is now in LeTrash. Seriously, that thing was ugly!`

blkSRT
01-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Welcome. First thing I would try is washing the area with something like Dawn dish detergent and see if It helps. The next up which you should be able to find locally would be a clay kit. Maguires or Mothers both make a kit.

Jean-Claude
01-06-2014, 10:50 PM
If you do not have a machine, you can try to use some type of over the counter polish on a microfiber towel to remove the transfer/staining.`

`

That`s not going to be giving you the best results for the paint. But for just removing the transfer/staining it should do. If it doesn`t and you want it taken care of, call a professional.

level76
01-09-2014, 05:14 PM
If you do not have a machine, you can try to use some type of over the counter polish on a microfiber towel to remove the transfer/staining.`

`

That`s not going to be giving you the best results for the paint. But for just removing the transfer/staining it should do. If it doesn`t and you want it taken care of, call a professional.

`

It looks like a professional is in order. I was able to get some of the transfer out after doing a wash/clay/wax. But the debris that collected under the bra scratched a few spots on the hood. Fixing that is way beyond my skill set so like I said, a professional will be called in to clean it all up.