PDA

View Full Version : Need QD For Newbie (Not Me!) Final Inspection? S+W?

pr0digy25
04-11-2006, 04:21 PM
My brother has decided to get serious with his detialing now that he has a new truck... unfortunately he picked the wrong colour for a detailing newbie, black!

I`m going to try and show him the noble path that takes us all to the promised land... but he asked about a QD spray.

Not sure if he`s going to go the UPP or S100 Wax route as his LSP yet... but I am wondering what do you guys recommend as QD for him. I was looking at either Meg`s Final Inspection (34) or S+W.

I know Final Inspection has no alcohol and is "bodyshop safe"... but does it contain any oils/fillers or is it just a "pure" cleaning product like S+W?

And onto S+W... is there any alcohol in them that would make them less than sealant-friendly?

I await your wise words.

JaredPointer
04-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Poorboy`s S&W
Poorboy`s S&G
Adam`s Detail Spray
Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine
Victoria Wax Quick Detailer

Those are a few of my favorites.

LikeaRock
04-11-2006, 04:39 PM
P&S Paint Gloss
Meguiars Last Touch
S&G

Joe's Detail
04-11-2006, 04:41 PM
ANOTher vote for meg`s last touch!

joe.p
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
S & W All The Way..

CharlesW
04-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I`m not 100% sure, but I don`t think Meg`s Last Touch would be a good QD for use with a sealant. It will probably look great, but if he decides to apply more sealant, it might affect the bonding.
The Final Inspection would probably work with the sealant, but S&W is, IMO, even better than using any QD. With a QD, you need to not use it on anything but a mildly soiled vehicle. With S&W, you can use it on about anything but mud.

Charles

JeffW
04-11-2006, 05:52 PM
How I typically approach the QD question is dependant on my latest LSP on the car... I know that most of these are not true QD`s, but there has been such an evolution lately with waxes and sealants becoming more and more like QDs...

* QW+ or Crystal Mist as a QD/booster wax for Carnauba LSP`s
* HGAS, WG Sealant Spritz or UPPS as a booster QD for Sealant LSP`s
* or, for the most versatility either S&G or S&W as `all-purpose` QD`s

The Chee
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
S&W and don`t forget a few good mfs..that`s a MUST:)

97F1504x4
04-11-2006, 05:59 PM
I have used the Meg`s Final Inspection and personally i think it is just and average QD. I would much rather use some S&W and my favorite is Adams Detail Spray. Also known as http://chemicalguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PCWCCP&Product_Code=WAC_102&Category_Code=QDS

I know it loooks a little differant but it is the exact same stuff. I buy all my Adams products from them way less money.

Also since Steve sent me a sample of the S&G i have really started to like it. But i will not stop using the CG.

Richard

cwcad
04-11-2006, 06:49 PM
The roofer in this thread is Poorboy`s S&W. IT COVERS IT ALL!

Adam`s, CG, and Zaino Z6 are good. Yet I use the S&W everyday. It will not let you down.

audiboy
04-11-2006, 08:02 PM
I really like S&W too. I think it`s a great product for a newbie with a black car. Just make sure that you explain the proper use.

joe.p
04-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I bought mother`s QD today to try out. I dont need it but it was mention that it smells like cinnamon,and it does. It smeels soo Good..

mgm2003
04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
My brother has decided to get serious with his detialing now that he has a new truck... unfortunately he picked the wrong colour for a detailing newbie, black!

I`m going to try and show him the noble path that takes us all to the promised land... but he asked about a QD spray.

Not sure if he`s going to go the UPP or S100 Wax route as his LSP yet... but I am wondering what do you guys recommend as QD for him. I was looking at either Meg`s Final Inspection (34) or S+W.

I know Final Inspection has no alcohol and is "bodyshop safe"... but does it contain any oils/fillers or is it just a "pure" cleaning product like S+W?

And onto S+W... is there any alcohol in them that would make them less than sealant-friendly?

I await your wise words.

I would not recommend QD on black, unless it`s after a wash. In that case, I would pick Finish Kare #425 or Poorboys Spray & Gloss. Both work well on paint & glass.

glen22
04-12-2006, 07:38 AM
I would not recommend QD on black, unless it`s after a wash. In that case, I would pick Finish Kare #425 or Poorboys Spray & Gloss. Both work well on paint & glass.
DITTO MGM, hes got the best two right there:)you have to put 425 in top two!

lonewolf0420
04-12-2006, 08:09 AM
S&W followed by QW+. YOu won`t be disappointed. Makes my Black Altima shine something sick.