PDA

View Full Version : High Priced Rims with Chrome Lip Powder Coated Clear / Carbon Brake Dust- HELP

Golfer1659
12-22-2013, 11:03 PM
I have these wheels:

`

http://www.fuchsperformance.com/wheel.cfm?id=7867 (`http://www.fuchsperformance.com/wheel.cfm?id=7867`)

`

`

I was wondering whats the best way to clean them with wheel cleaner and what wheel cleaner?

`

`

I was using Meguiars hot wheel cleaner but it really doesn`t work well.

`

`

I have ceramic breaks on the car so it sticks well to the rims. `I was wondering if normal wheel cleaner would eat into the clear coated lip? `I`m pretty sure the brushed spokes would be fine.

`

`

Thanks guys!!

Jean-Claude
12-30-2013, 09:35 PM
The inner dish is polished, clear coated or (hopefully not) brushed?

2005GTPinMD
01-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Sonax Wheel Effects should go the trick - you need something non-acidic. Also check your manual I think you need to be especially careful with wheel cleaner when you have carbon brakes. `

jlb85
01-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Fuchs in 19"!! Nice. Any pics of the car?

Sonax is the wheel clear of choice for both the cleared/ uncleared portions and for chemically attacking the brake dust. I would not use the Meg`s otc cleaner as it can stain (from others` posts).

Jean-Claude
01-11-2014, 09:53 AM
p21s Total Auto Wash is also a great cleaner for sensitive surfaces. Also, p21s wheel gel may be the safest wheel cleaner there is. Just because a bottle says you can do something to an uncoated wheel does not mean you should. OP, it`s great you`re asking but you should still proceed with caution.

AndyWax
01-21-2014, 03:43 PM
HD Total should work nicely on those. The above recommendations are all great as well. What ever you do proceed with caution. Use the least aggressive dilutions first.`

`

A big help after you get them clean - use protection. Whether you decide to go with a permanent/semi-permanent coating (Opti-Coat) or a sealant (Opti-Seal) just be sure to put something on those wheels. It will make future clean up much easier.