PDA

View Full Version : Why do you guys think I am using so much ONPWW?

Pages : [1] 2

kajunman
12-22-2013, 03:58 PM
<p style="margin:0in 0in .0001pt;"><span style="color:#282828;">I posted this on another thread and Ithought I would post it on a separate thread to see if I could get more response.

`
<p style="margin:0in 0in .0001pt;">`
<p style="margin:0in 0in .0001pt;"><span style="color:#282828;">`<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);">I don’t know how you guys get by with using so little rinseless wash. I wash my car (2013 Ford Focus) every one and a half to two weeks. It takes me at least 3 to 4 gallons in the bucket and 1 gallon in the garden sprayer of ONRWW. I use 26 to 30 Sams towels and I am in the process of up-grading to the Metropolitan Towels. I would wash the car more often but I am 66 with arthritis and a bad back.
<p style="margin:0in 0in .0001pt;">`
<p style="margin:0in 0in .0001pt;"><span style="color:#282828;">I first go to a self carwash about a mile from my condo. I start by pressure washing the car. Then I pressure wash the fender wells, the tires and wheels. Next I spray the tires with a soapy mix and scrub them and rinse them. I save the wheels to ONRWW them. I finish by using spot free water to do a final rinse and I go back to the codo to ONRWW the car.`<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);">I rinse the car thoroughly again with hose water pressure before starting the wash.<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);">The only thing I can figure is that because I am using more towels, it takes more ONRWW. I switch sides of the towels often even though that side of the towel doesn’t appear to be dirty.

`
<p style="margin:0in 0in .0001pt;"><span style="font-size:10.5pt;font-family:Helvetica, `sans-serif`;color:#282828;">`

`
<p style="margin:0in 0in .0001pt;"><span style="color:#282828;">Thanks in advance,

`
<p style="margin:0in 0in .0001pt;"><span style="color:#282828;">kajunman

House of Wax
12-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Do you squeeze the towels out at all when you take them out of the bucket?

kajunman
12-22-2013, 04:22 PM
House of Wax,

`

No I don`t squeeze them out.

`

kajunman

bunkeroo26
12-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Kajun, do a search for the Gary Dean Wash Method.

He had a video here that is quite useful.

You should be able to use 1 to 1.5 gallons per vehicle.

He uses one side of the folded towel per panel.

If you extend your use per towel, you will save on work

in the long run.

kajunman
12-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Bunkeroo26,

I know this is what Gary does. But sometimes my car is dirty enough that I err on the side of caution and change sides of the towel more often. I got use to doing this so I do it all the time now. The Metropolitan Towels are fluffy on both sides so that the amount of towels used will be less and the amount of ONRWW used should be less also.

kajunman

Jesstzn
12-22-2013, 07:57 PM
To err on the side of caution is the best, I`d rather use a few more towels than risk marring the finish then have to polish out issues.

House of Wax
12-22-2013, 09:25 PM
I usually squeeze my towles after I pull em out of the bucket so theyre just dripping a bit when i start wiping a panel if that makes sense. That should save you some solution. I typically have no problem using about 2 gallons

Scottwax
12-27-2013, 07:49 PM
1 bucket, 2 gallons of water, microfiber wash pad and usually 2-4 towels depending on the size of the vehicle and the temperature (colder = more towels). I`m using 500 gram weight, 16 x 16 edgeless microfiber towels. Been using QEW (the original rinseless wash) and ONR this way since the early 90s with no problems. Show my customers the same way and those who`ve switched wash the same with without any issues.`

RobD
12-28-2013, 10:05 PM
1 bucket, 2 gallons of water, microfiber wash pad and usually 2-4 towels depending on the size of the vehicle and the temperature (colder = more towels). I`m using 500 gram weight, 16 x 16 edgeless microfiber towels. Been using QEW (the original rinseless wash) and ONR this way since the early 90s with no problems. Show my customers the same way and those who`ve switched wash the same with without any issues.`

`

I use a similar routine, though I include a rinse bucket and I presoak the panel. `Like you, I don`t see the need for washing with multiple folded towels when one pad or mitt does the job. `It may require less solution, but dirtying and cleaning all those towels is the tradeoff. `Under normal circumstances, I just rinse out the wash mitt when I`m through and clean the drying towels after every other wash.`

IHA Mark
12-29-2013, 08:14 PM

`

I agree with this down to the T. I use 320 gram weight 16x24 towels though and they work really well. Sometimes when a vehicle is really dirty I will get a second bucket to keep my media clean.

`

I`m not really sure how people use 20+ towels to do an ONR wash. I used 2-6 towels for each vehicle and have never seen any noticeable marring.

bunkeroo26
12-29-2013, 09:28 PM
I agree with this down to the T. I use 320 gram weight 16x24 towels though and they work really well. Sometimes when a vehicle is really dirty I will get a second bucket to keep my media clean.

`

I`m not really sure how people use 20+ towels to do an ONR wash. I used 2-6 towels for each vehicle and have never seen any noticeable marring.

`

I can get away with One towel for washing, one drying and one buffing per vehicle.`

Then, I use an old towel for tires.` I agree, I can`t see how people use 20+

Jesstzn
12-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I can do ONR on a medium dirty sedan (Acura TL ) using 4 24x36 ww drying towels , 1 is an older towel dedicated to the wheels. BUT my wash media is very high quality sheepskin wash mitt and a pail with a grit guard system I made myself. The wash mitt is used on the body/glass only. I have the same but an older dedicated mitt for the wheels. Because of the nature of the mitt it releases ALL the grit that might cause issues in just a gentle swish in the solution. Any particulate large enough to cause issues is long settled to the bottom of the pail before the mitt re-enters the solution. I tried a second rinse pail but found no benefit and just one more thing to drag around and fall over.

I use. 2.5 gal pail with 2 gal of ONR.

kajunman
12-30-2013, 09:42 AM
I don`t reuse microfiber wash media because of all the information on this site about it being hard to get microfiber to release dirt during rinsing. This goes for any other wash media, wool mitts included(not as bad as microfiber). Maybe I am being anal but I would rather use the multi towel GDM Method and not have to sweat that the microfiber wash media or wool mitt has retained some dirt after rinsing.

kajunman

Jesstzn
12-30-2013, 10:04 AM
GSM Method?

Scottwax
01-05-2014, 11:46 PM
I don`t reuse microfiber wash media because of all the information on this site about it being hard to get microfiber to release dirt during rinsing. This goes for any other wash media, wool mitts included(not as bad as microfiber). Maybe I am being anal but I would rather use the multi towel GDM Method and not have to sweat that the microfiber wash media or wool mitt has retained some dirt after rinsing.

kajunman

Just because something is on this site doesn`t mean it`s accurate. I have had no problems with dirt being retained in the wash medium anywhere near the extent it would take to cause problems with the paint. And I`ve been using rinseless washes since 1993, probably 14,000 or so vehicles now.`