PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel questions

pair of Blazers
12-17-2013, 08:17 PM
been using for yrs and have been very happy w/results.

just wondering if there is anything new/better or otherwise out there, opti glass ?

jlb85
01-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Since this has not getting attention i figure I would chime in.

From other pros I hold in high regard it seems Aquapel is still the champ on glass as far as water repellency and clear vision. It seems opti-glass may be more durable, but initial water repellency is slightly lower than initial aquapel, and opti-glass` performance decreases quickly after that while aquapel holds up better in the mid term. Aquapel lasts for a good 4-6 months super strong on my cars, not sure if it falls below opti-glass after that. I have not used the opti-glass myself, though, still have plenty of aquapel and do not think it is worth for me to try ($) the og out as of yet.

dfoxengr
01-15-2014, 01:58 PM
are you guys buying this in a bottle form or the one use applicators?

pair of Blazers
01-15-2014, 07:47 PM

JB that is the re I was waiting for. didn`t want to spend 70 bucks on og as the Aquwapel lasts me 6 mo or more on occasion.

dfox I was unaware it came in a bottle, I have been using the applicators by the case(6 in each) from AG. if I`m careful w/it I can do all the glass w/one applicator.

dfoxengr
01-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Yeah i dont know if it does come in a bottle.guess the applicators are the only way to buy

dfoxengr
01-17-2014, 06:34 PM
I just got a 6 pack in the mail. How are you guys applying and how much are you charging to apply?

gmc05
01-19-2014, 10:55 PM
I have been using Aquapel for a long time product works great holds up well and is easy to apply. We are charging $29.99 applied.

The formula seems to`have changed over the years`the product evaporates a lot faster when applying but seems to last just as long as it always has.

I recently applied Gtechniq G1 to my truck 3 months and going strong but application time takes longer.`

Ron Ketcham
01-20-2014, 11:58 AM
AquaPel HAS to be packaged as it is, in a sealed glass tube. Air is the catalist that creates the cure of the resin. Notice that often when you crack the glass tube that is inside the applicator one often see`s a "fume" rise? That is the result of the resin being exposed to air. If you were able to buy it in a "bulk" container, the container would have to be made of glass and once you opened the lid, the product would start curring and continue to cure even if you put the cap back on immediately.So, in a short while, you have a solid chunk of AquaPel in a bottle.

WillWashesCars
01-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Aquapel is a fantastic product. For affordable glass coating, this is my goto. But generally I push for Opti-Glass. It definitely lasts longer without a single doubt.

dfoxengr
01-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Gotcha ron, thanks for the info

irsankao
02-07-2014, 09:33 AM
I import and sell aquapell. Down here, durability is not much different 3-6 months with proper glass prep.

Recently, swich to Gtechniq G1 too. Slightly more works but claim is longer so its pros and cons.

pair of Blazers
02-12-2014, 09:46 PM
thanks for the replies guys. going to keep doing what I`m doing. guess I`ll order another 6 pack and call it a day.