PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Product Line and Why - Plus - The Definition of Autopian

bunkeroo26
12-13-2013, 04:14 PM
You can be in for quite a long conversation, if you start talking "shop" with a detailer.

If you get on the subject of polishes and abrasives, debating about SMAT, or talking about

vinyl trim and tire sidewalls.` This is part of the love that many of us have for the business.

It is that love that makes us strive to deliver and "autopian" level of service.

`

For many of us, this love for the business compels us to test and critique many

different products and application methods.` Is there a "best"?` Hardly, but you can find

what works best for YOU.` Many of us become loyal to a brand when we find one that

works for US.` I have one brand that is my hands-down favorite.` What is Yours?

`

I`m also curious WHY this brand is your favorite.` Is it because a specific product works

better than anything that you`ve seen?` Do you just like the smell that one leaves, or you

like the cutting ability of another?` Do you not have a specific product, yet a whole bunch

of products, and you use what you feel like on a random day?

`

My answer is short and simple.` Optimum Products.` I was first introduced to their

Polish and Compound products and they simply worked.` Then, I hear about this Optimum

No Rinse.` I did not know at that time, that this was the product that would change how I

view car detailing, forever.` This is the product that allows me to get certain services done

quicker than other vendors, hence a cheaper price point for me.

`

What stands apart the most, from the Optimum Line of Products, is its owner.` Sometimes, brands

are defined by their owner.` You can have a great product, but customer service and interaction

with the owner were very sub-par.` This is anything but the case with Optimum Products.` Not

only has their Polymer system changed the way that I view detailing, but I just love the

interaction with him.` He is one of the most helpful and kind men that I know of, on the phone.

`

I just think that the owner`s attitude is one of the least-discussed aspects of an effective product.

Sure his product performs better than any other that I have used, but you wouldn`t know it if

you talk to him.` For a man who has changed many lives, he is quite humble.

`

`

`

`

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

`

Many of you new people might be wondering what we are talking about when we say Autopian.

I mean, what do we have that is unique to other people.` The answer is NOTHING.` Some of us

might have more experience than others, but what sets Autopian Standards High is the consistent

level of excellence.` Most people have the drive to make something look perfect, or as close as

possible.` What most people do not have is the drive to attain that standard consistently with

every job taken.` It is that desire not to take shortcuts.` It is having faith in your products and

methods.` It is knowing that you are going to give the customer a good product and they will

be happy.`

`

How bad it must feel for some of the other people who do a lousy job.`

While they are working, it could be in the back of their mind that the customer isn`t going

to appreciate this.` They aren`t going to be satisfied with it, so he doesn`t put his heart into

the work.` It is Autopian Standards to put your heart into every vehicle.` Unfortunately, our

customer`s timeline and pocketbook do not allow us to do the cars to our satisfaction every time.

`

Scottwax
12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
For me it is also Optimum. I can`t do without ONR, Opti-Seal or Opti-Coat (2.0 and pro). When it comes to polishing, I don`t have a single go to product line though, paints are just too different to lock yourself into one product line. I use Optimum, 3D, and Meguiars.`

`

As far as Dr. G goes, I don`t think its possible for anyone else to be as genuinely nice as he is. He really cares how his products work for his customers. Plus Optimum is right between where I live and where my younger son lives and its a quarter mile or so from Tom`s BBQ. ;)

bunkeroo26
12-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I have been looking at that new HD line for polishing also.

I almost pulled the trigger, but i need to make sure that i wouldn`t

need IPA afterwards for my other products.

ONR has been the largest game changer for me, though.

Lap tall buildings in a single bound and such.