PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 vs. Opti-Seal

House of Wax
12-06-2013, 08:32 AM
I`ve been using 845 for an LSP for awhile now and just recently picked up some Opti-Seal over the holiday weekend to try out. `Anybody that`s used both have any comments on comparing the two as far as looks and durability (especially the durability part)?

dfoxengr
12-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I have both an while i think OS had better durability 3-4mo vs 2-3mo, i havent gotten to try it enough to know if that is a good statement. I just got a megs velcro handd pad that you put 3" applicators onto so i see myself using OS more now as i didnt lie applying it by the normal yellow pads. I did have a tiny bit of trouble making it streak free but probably because i applied too much, so keep it thin. The looks were good i thought, not as wet as 845 but stilll darkening.

dfoxengr
12-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Also note that those durability numbers were both on a 100% outdoor vehicle thats daily driven. Times were when i noticed reduced beading of water/some water spotting

Scottwax
12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
OS looks better, lasts longer and is easier to apply. Not a huge fan of 845 anyway, doesn`t seem that durable compared to 476, which, IMO, is a much superior product.`