PDA

View Full Version : Help needed. Best way to remove smoke smell?

Catch-22
12-05-2013, 02:24 PM
A friend of mine just bought a used Honda Accord from the dealer and it stinks like cigarette smoke. It seems like at 1st it was just covered up with some smelly stuff, but once that wore off it got really bad. Can you guys give me some pointers with removing this?

David Fermani
12-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Everything in the interior needs to be cleaned and deodorized. Carpet / seats / trim / dash / headliner. Smoke/nicotine finds its way into every crack imaginable and leaves a yellowish film and odor. You`ll be amazed how much disgusting residue is actually in there making things smell.`

AquaHawk
12-07-2013, 01:41 PM
+1 to what David said. I think one of the best ways to remove this smoke smell is by using steam. Because you`re going to need to clean the headliner and steam would be good to do that because all the water pretty much evaporates with steam. If you do decide to use steam, don`t stay in one spot for too long because you don`t want to get the headliner too hot.

IHA Mark
12-07-2013, 09:09 PM
DrivePur if nothing else works. I have never had this system fail to remove even severe smoke odors. Treat it once and you are done.

dfoxengr
12-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Id be cautious of steam or anything liquid on the headliner. Try a bomb like hd sells first as if claims to remove smoke smells and is cheap

AquaHawk
12-08-2013, 12:45 AM
Id be cautious of steam or anything liquid on the headliner. Try a bomb like hd sells first as if claims to remove smoke smells and is cheap

Yes, you have to be very cautious on the headliner with steam. OP watch Larry, he is very good at what he does and gives very good detailing advice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjHEcPcTJTE (`https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjHEcPcTJTE`)`This might help you.

`

togwt
12-08-2013, 07:11 AM
As DavidF has suggested` thoroughly clean all hard surfaces, carefully clean the headliner, don`t forget the glass surfaces and change the air intake filter.

`

DrivePur Smok is the most effective smoke bacteria an micro orgasm removal agent I found to date (I haven`t tried HD`s bomb)

lobster poutine
12-09-2013, 06:42 AM
autovaccine

jonathan315
12-12-2013, 03:21 AM
I have heard that straight ammonia & white vinegar are good for absorbing smoke smells.

bunkeroo26
12-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I would suggest a full clean with extra time taken to clean the seats.

Ozone widths great for smell reduction. Also a cheap favorite of mine

is odoban from sama club. I find that knocks the stank out

WaxManRonnie
12-13-2013, 07:50 AM
A friend of mine just bought a used Honda Accord from the dealer and it stinks like cigarette smoke. It seems like at 1st it was just covered up with some smelly stuff, but once that wore off it got really bad. Can you guys give me some pointers with removing this?

`

`

Ozone machine maybe?

CEE DOG
12-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Clean everything completely, dry, apply So2Pure to all surfaces.

http://www.carpro-us.com/so2pure-odor-eliminator-120ml/

AndyWax
12-20-2013, 07:50 PM
In addition to what everyone had already mentioned - don`t forget to clean the seatbelts. People seem to forget about seatbelts.

`

DrivePur after a complete/thorough interior detail is the way to go.

`

The bombs have always been a temporary solution for me.

ernman
12-23-2013, 09:52 PM
I have used 2 cups of vinegar in a open container overnight, it removes most of the ordor