PDA

View Full Version : Will Any Product Prevent Plastic Interior Warping

clevo
04-10-2006, 10:53 PM
The car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass. The interior plastic pieces are warping. I just noticed it on the driver`s side kick panel, most notably where it goes along the threshold to meet the rear panel. It`s kind of twisted away from where it is supposed to sit on the car`s. I`ve noticed this on other pieces, too.

Is there any product that will prevent the interior plastic from warping? Any ideas on this topic would be appreciated.

CalgaryDetail
04-10-2006, 11:12 PM
i dont get what you mean. would you please get some pics for us, im sure we can help more then

exile
04-11-2006, 12:05 AM
If the car sits outside in the heat, then I would suggest a sun shade for the windshield. I`ve started using them and it really cuts down on the interior heat while parked in the sun.............Tom:)

clevo
04-11-2006, 09:00 AM
I`ll post a picture tonight.

I would say heat is the cause, but it happened over the winter while the car was stored in a windowless, unheated garage in the midwest. Even on a sunny day, I don`t think it would have gotten hot enough to cause problems. Plus the car is a convertible, would heat build-up be a problem with ah cloth top?

exile
04-11-2006, 06:58 PM
I would say heat is the cause, but it happened over the winter while the car was stored in a windowless, unheated garage in the midwest. Even on a sunny day, I don`t think it would have gotten hot enough to cause problems.
I would say you`re right then. If the car was stored in those conditions and it happened while under those conditions, then no, heat wasn`t the reason.
Any sign of mildew? If so then I`m thinking moisture..........Tom

clevo
04-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Here are a couple of photos of the problem. No signs of mildew or moisture. I put a drying agent in the car when I stored it to help prevent moisture issues.

http://polar.icestorm.com/sfl/cutlass/warping_example_01.jpg
http://polar.icestorm.com/sfl/cutlass/warping_example_02.jpg