PDA

View Full Version : 2006 honda accord polishing help

pumafeet10
11-25-2013, 11:20 AM
So...it has been quite a while since I have been on the site, and thought i would get more traffic here. I periodically lurk for tips but finally have a car worth correcting, and with a HUGE amount of sentimental value, was my late grandfathers car, a 2006 honda accord.

As you can imagine, it was cared for but not up to my standard, an abundance of rids, swirls, marring, you name it

I have been using a Milwaukee rotary polisher with m105 and burgundy foam pads , followed by m205 with yellow pads. Gloss and shine are great, reduction of small imperfections but the deep stuff hasn`t changed after 3-4 applications

I am now thinking of stepping up to a wool pad with the 105, but wasn`t sure what pad, or if there is something I not thinking of?

Thanks for the help

Scottwax
11-29-2013, 04:49 PM
If a rotary and #105 isn`t taking out the defects, they are either too deep to completely remove or will need wetsanding to remove.

`

Honda paint is on the soft side, #105 should rip through anything that isn`t too deep to remove.`

David Fermani
11-30-2013, 07:11 AM
M105 is very capable of handling anything you can throw at it. You just need to use it in the most feasible way. I would also recommend going with wool as long as there`s enough paint left. There are several great choice out there with with 2 kinds being my favorite:

http://www.3dproducts.com/12/ (`http://www.3dproducts.com/12/`)

Just make sure to take things slow and realize that every defect may not be able to be safely removed.

pumafeet10
11-30-2013, 02:51 PM
I was thinking about something, the speed I was using...I kept it low as possible to reduce sling and such, but that might be the rason it wasn`t cutting like I thought it would.

I was going slow also to try and stay consistent, and keep the pad level as possible to reduce risk of marring and holograms, like I said the car has more then normal value to me, BUT if the paint isn`t up par then my late grandfather would not be happy either!

There definitely some spots that can`t be removed but some swirls that seem want to be polished out, but just felt like I was going at it wrong

Thanks for the info on pad choice

Scottwax
12-02-2013, 01:09 AM
If you aren`t using speeds 5-6 and almost enough pressure to bog the PC, you aren`t going to get much done.`

pumafeet10
12-03-2013, 09:27 AM
I`m actually using a Milwaukee rotary polisher, i couldn`t remember what my research from years ago told me the best speed was for a rotary

pumafeet10
12-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I do know the car has never been polished or been in accident, so thickness should be good