PDA

View Full Version : anybody ever try selling products?

House of Wax
11-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Long story short, a product I was counting on having before detailing a car tomorrow hasn`t arrived yet. `I stopped by several stores today looking for something to quick replace it but left empty handed, which leads me to my question...
`
` Has anybody ever looked into being distributor of any sort on a local level? `The few online vendors I frequent are wonderful, but there`s times that it would be really nice to be able to just stop in somewhere and pick something up. `All of the auto stores seem to just have the same crap, 85% of which I have no interest in. `
`
` I`m guessing maybe it`s such a small niche market that it`d be hard to make a profit, but was just curious if anyone has done it or have a place like that where they live

Dan
11-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Getting most brands at wholesale isn`t exactly easy. Even some of the more well known stores have to buy grey market to carry a line.

SeaJays
11-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Have you tried looking for local supplier for auto
Body shop/detail shop? Even a company that caters to the tunnel washes.

We have a few in mass and they stock a decent amount of stuff. Not everything and sometimes you just can`t find exactly what your looking for but they may have a suitable alternative.

Getting whole accounts for some products can be very difficult and expensive. A lot of times you have to purchase $1,000`s in products. And just doesn`t make sense for a small shop. Could always just ensure your well stocked. Buy in bulk whenever possible. It will save you money in the end and you will always have some in stock.

David Fermani
11-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Selling products can surely be a profitable venture. You need to be aware of your competition and decide how and to who you are going to promote to: Dealers / Body Shops / Detail Shops / Retail / Auto Parts. `