PDA

View Full Version : Whats so quick about QW+

joyriide1113
04-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Other than Poorboy`s QW+ being easy on or off, as is everyother one of their products, whats the benefit of it? I applied to one panel and immediately tried to remove but the product would just end up smearing. It still needs to haze. On top of that, its betetr to apply to an applicator, so basically, what I`m trying to say is,

whats soo quick about QW+. I would much rather grab some Nattys or EX, same effort, same time.

Bigs
04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
I think it was called QD+ before... But they decided to change the name.

As for the effort... I agree, it`s not that much quicker...

lonewolf0420
04-10-2006, 11:27 AM
I always use QW+ after every wash. I find it works best to let it dry to a haze then remove. The finish and shine are absolutely Insane. I find it to be slicker than Natty`s. Natty`s is my current wax of choice so I use the QW+ to give Natty`s a boost

joyriide1113
04-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I always use QW+ after every wash. I find it works best to let it dry to a haze then remove. The finish and shine are absolutely Insane. I find it to be slicker than Natty`s. Natty`s is my current wax of choice so I use the QW+ to give Natty`s a boost

But with Natty`s awesome looks and ease of use, why not just give Nattys a boost with some more Nattys.

smprince1
04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
My experience is that it is different from Natty`s in that it has light cleaners in it like a QD. With Natty`s, the surface needs to be already squeaky clean, where with QW+ if there is a little imperfection you can still go right to the QW+ and skip a light cleaning step.

I apply it with a MF bone to the whole car, and then buff off with MF.

I like the look, slickness, and ease of this product.

Big Leegr
04-10-2006, 12:34 PM
I think it would be quicker for the "non-obsessive" detailer, in that QW+ has cleaners as well as protection/looks, whereas something like Natty`s is just protection/looks. Since the "average" person wouldn`t have much wax left on their car even by the time they got around to washing it, QW+ would be faster than a "typical" 1 step wax (IME, at least), but would be better suited for them than a "typical" spray wax/WAUD type product due to the likely neglect.
Just my thoughts.

mgm2003
04-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Other than Poorboy`s QW+ being easy on or off, as is everyother one of their products, whats the benefit of it? I applied to one panel and immediately tried to remove but the product would just end up smearing. It still needs to haze. On top of that, its betetr to apply to an applicator, so basically, what I`m trying to say is,

whats soo quick about QW+. I would much rather grab some Nattys or EX, same effort, same time..

During the summer, when I have a carnuba topper on my car, I like to use QW+ right after a wash. Wash, blow dry to get 85% of the water off the car (but it`s still a little damp) and then I hit all surfaces with QW+ via a finishing pad. Maybe it should be called `Quick Spit Shine`. QW+ is as durable as Natty`s in my uses. I like to mix an oz or so of S&G in my QW+ mix too. I think it adds additional `pop` to the paint.

Mr. Clean
04-10-2006, 12:48 PM
... I like to mix an oz or so of S&G in my QW+ mix too. I think it adds additional `pop` to the paint.
Interesting tip:bigups That 1 oz. S&G is to _____ oz. of QW+?

And you do this via the PC?

mgm2003
04-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Interesting tip:bigups That 1 oz. S&G is to _____ oz. of QW+?

And you do this via the PC?
I mix it into a 16oz spray bottle.

harry444
04-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Another thing to try and I have had great results with is to put on QW+ then after you remove it lay on a coat of Natty`s you will see a shine like nobodys business try it it works great!

lonewolf0420
04-10-2006, 03:22 PM
But with Natty`s awesome looks and ease of use, why not just give Nattys a boost with some more Nattys.
I think QW+ has more shine and slickness than Natty`s.