PDA

View Full Version : Annual detail with Opti-Coat 2.0...is this okay?

Rob4092xx
11-02-2013, 10:16 PM
I have a Hummer H3 and Ford Expedition...both silver.

`

I live in Phoenix where the temperatures reach 120 degrees`in the summer.` The direct sun is even worse!

`

I really enjoy keeping my cars looking new and have always waxed them every three months.` This keeps them in tip-top-shape and the paint looking like new!` However, I am getting older and getting tired of all this work!

`

I have decided to go with the below detail process once per year in lieu of regular waxing.` What are everyone`s thoughts?

`

Once per year:

`

*` Polish with Orbital Buffer and Foam Pad.

*` Wipe down with 50/50 Rubbing Alcohol/Water.

*` Application of Opti-Coat 2.0.

`

I realize Opti-Coat 2.0 can last up to two years but I am not sure anything can survive in this heat and sun for two years!` Can I expect my cars to continue to look like new with the above process once per year?

`

Thanks!!!!!

C. Charles Hahn
11-03-2013, 10:39 AM
You`ll want to add a clay/decon process in there, but as long as you`re following a proper wash and maintenance schedule that should be just fine as a way to keep your vehicles in good shape.

Alfisti
11-07-2013, 06:28 AM
OC should last up to 10 years, if not longer, if the prep is right.

Scottwax
11-07-2013, 08:45 PM
OC should last up to 10 years, if not longer, if the prep is right.

`

+1

`

I have OC 2.0 on my own car, it sits outside 24/7 and while the Dallas area isn`t Phoenix hot (I grew up in Phoenix, I know what its like), we are regularly over 100 degrees in the summer, plus we get more rain and occasionally snow and ice.`

`

Unless you are swirling the coating with whatever your wash technique is, there really isn`t a pressing need to redo the car with OC 2.0 every year.`